Chapter 28 - Great...

Astrid's point of view

The gang grew found over me in just a small conversation I wasn't even engrossed in. Talk about creepy.

Arriving to the same square everyone would gather for grand announcements. It still looked the same, some more scratches and burns but still, it's the same.

Almost every cheif and cheiftess know to the vikings stood strong up front. With eyes and ear watching Hiccup and I's every move, as well as the secondary patrol due to the other tribes' sudden visit, it would be impossible to leave without at least one or two witnesses.

Hiccup and Gobber final came to my view, they cane to our direction hoping to hear whatever this was about clearly. A loud horn echoed throughout the village, silencing the gossip arising.

"We will get straight to the point, I believe you all know about Drago Bludvist as well as our old friend, Charles Grimmel-"

the island froze at the mentions of those names. I could feel Hiccup stiffen, Toothless was almost killed and brain washed from the meetings of those two dragon hunters.

Berk may be a dragon hunters, yet they do not engage in world domination like Drago or crazy hunts for dragons far away and close to extinction like Gimmel. With the choice of the cheifs to stand down, they'd be part of the target.

"they have taken over our allies from the south and east, as information from our fellow chiefs they wish to target Berk next." whispers flooded the square, and yet Hiccup seemed perked up at the sound of 'target' and 'Berk'.

''oh no don't be planning something stupid stupid''

"while as those names feel threatening already, they have a dragon army." now that caused chaos.

Everyone was now screaming, yelling, petrified, and panicking. They yelled "what are we still doing here then?!" "would we even stand a chance!" "is this the downfall of all vikings?!" and many more words i couldn't understand as my ears were rings from their pitch.

"SILENCE!"

"thank you but my ears!"

"now chieftess Camicaz and chief Irven, have suggested to fight fire with fire. Meaning a dragon army." Now this caught our attention well, how were they going to get a dragon army when they still despised dragons?

"how 're we to do 'at chief?" his trusty right hand man, Gobber spoke up.

"As you all remember the tales traders would tell us of dragon riders."

"of course chief! but how are we having them to agree?"

"or even contacting them!"

"well we have some crashed riders here right now, we could ask them for the help of their people."

All eyes fell on us. If they excepted that we would help them after their attitude towards us. Unnoticeable to all the uncaring vikings, I slowly grab the dagger Hiccup had left for me a few years back.

I finally remembered why we left...

I threw the dagger aiming straight to the chief's head, but sadly Hiccp caught it mid-air.

"what the heck?! Don't tell me you're actually thinking on helping them!" I yelled, he just calmly placed my dagger back and nodded.

"We have our people coming our way, why shouldn't we help them? Our other tribes that allied with us wish to stay in their home land, they too would fall into those maniacs' hand if we don't help."

This- argh! He's way to nice for his own good! He's most affected from our years of torment and yet he still decides to help! can someone explain to me why I married this mutton head again?!

I decided to hit him, but the sound of distant dragons and human talking came to my ears.

"well that was fast" Hiccup sarcastically said.

Looks like we'll be here a little longer,

maybe even more than a little.