Chapter 16: Washed up Friends

Hiccup's point of view

"So which sides will you get?" I ask Astrid, but she seems to be zoning out... again. "Astrid? Astra?? Helloo? Astrid?! Midgard to Astrid? ASTRID!" I yell and finally catching her attention. "Huh what sorry what did you say?" She asks her words full of confusion.

" I asked which sides you wanted to check out." "Oh uhm I'll take the front area of the Island. It would be easier to look around in my condition, less trees more ground?" She said holding her womb. "Alright then just shoot up a fire ball in the sky if you find something really eh you know, and I'll do the same. Alright Toothless let's get going!" "You got it!" And we fly south.

"Find anything yet bud?" "Nope" we've been here for about 20 minutes and all we found were pieces of wood, probably from a ship, and a "Hihfum! E gound af fatcket!" (Hiccup! I found a satchel) I blink furiously. Trying to process what he just said. "What?" He rolls his eyes at me and gives me a satchel and tells me again. Bluntly.  "I said I found a satchel." I nod, about to looks inside but Astrid's signal stops me. "Looks like she found something." I mount on Toothless. "Or someone" Toothless tell me in a tone.

"We're here! What did you find?" I ask. But all she did was drag me to a ship wreck. I look at her in confusion. "Uhh ship wrecks are normal Astrid. Why is this one an-" she yanked me to the opening, only to see a boy and a girl somewhere around our age. "Oh ok now I see..." "we should take them back. They seem to have been caught in the storm." Astrid tells me in a calm voice - ish.... "I'm fine with that but we don't really have other huts for visitors..." I tell her. Astrid just faces me and says.

"Well we have a spare room in the hut. We could let them use it until they wake up?" She questions me. "Oh right! You go ahead and prepare me and Toothless will bring them." I tell her. "Alright be safe!" She tells me and leaves me with a kiss on my cheek.

"He kinda looks familiar don't you think?" I say  looking at the red head with a sort of tattoo on his eye. "He does... is he from Berk?" She answers in question. I shake my head. "If he was from Berk we'd remember him. He must be a kid of our- uhm nope, of Berk's allies." I say in conclusion. "Yeah... who was a possible heir or boy who looks like uh... this." Astrid says as to point to the boy. I look at him closer, but to no avail I cannot recognize him. "Will just have to wait until they wake up." We left the room and wait.

~1 day later~

Unknown point of view

I woke up with a pounding headache, blurry vision and probably a lot of bruises. My vision started to set and I worked out that we were in a hut.... someone's house. I panic and see my sister still unconscious beside me. I decided to wake her up but I heard the door opened only to see a lady who seems to be pregnant. They smile in unison and walk up to me.

"Hey there, do you feel ok?" The lady asks me in a calming voice. I hesitate to talk to her I don't even know her but she seems familiar.... I hope to trust this lady, and wish she doesn't work for my father.

"Uh... I guess just a headache... who are you?" I tell her. She smiles and sits at a chair near the table of the room. "That's great. Well I'm Astrid. Do you want something to drink?" She asks. Astrid... as in Astrid Hofferson? Wait I know that name! "Your Astrid" she nods. "Astrid Hofferson!" "How do you know that?" She questions. "It's me! Don't you remem-" I was interrupted by the door opening. 

"Hey Astrid it's time for breakfast... oh your awake!" He tell me with a smile and looks back at Astrid. If I'm in Berk then this must be... "BROTHER!" I yell. He looks back at me.  He took awhile to process that. But he figures me out. "Dagur?" Wait this makes no sense there's no possibility that we're in Berk we went north not south? What??? "Wait are we in Berk? And why are you pregnant and why do you two live together?" I bombarded them with questions.

"We can trust you right Dagur?" Astrid asks me. I look at them with confusion. "Of course ! I kept your secret crush from both of you!" They look at each other, flush into crimson and nod. "Dagur were not in Berk... this our new home. Astrid is pregnant from an incident by Snoutlout's  doing but it's our child. And I think you know why we live together." They tell me.

Just as I was about to question them again I felt something moving. I look beside me. "Sister are you awake???" ,"Sister?!",  <groan> "ugh Dagur? Where are we. Ack! Who are they!" My sister yells. I calm her down and start to explain. "Heather these are my Berkian  friends, Hiccup and Astrid. Right now we're at their home." I tell her. "Are you sure we can trust them?! They might be working for father!" She whispers but yells at the same time, only for me to hear but they seem to have heard it and answer instead.

"Why do think we work for your father? I can barely move around now a days and Hiccup still has to manage me and the dragons so how can we work for your father with that condition?!" Astrid seems to have blown up now. "Astrid... calm down." "How did you hear her she was whispering I could barely hear it?"

"Let's just say we have better hearing, but why are you worried about your father? What happened back in Berserk island?" Hiccup asked. I look at my sister, we don't know if we should tell them, We don't want them in this.

"You know, just tell us later, come downstairs to have breakfast. " Hiccup tells us as he helps Astrid stand up.

As we walk down the stairs this place, this house seem so uhh big for a house in Berk. Really to big. "Come on!" Astrid yells, bringing us back into reality from our sightseeing.

"If your done just leave your plates at the sink, come out when you feel ready, will just find Stormfly." Hiccup tells us as he leaves the hut with Astrid. I look at Heather, not know what should we do. should we follow them or stay put. We don't even know how the berkians would react to Heather or even him.

"I suppose you want to follow them?" Heather pulls me out of thought. "Yeah... I'm really curious what happen this past 7 years that I spent apart from them... and it seems like a lot."