i hate you ✰

summary: you always seem to get cut by the pieces.

word count: 700+

a/n: this one's in second person pov because it feels more,, emotional(?) i don't know how to explain it lol. anyways, please comment any concerns or questions. a vote/ follow would be appreciated 🥺.

also i hope this is a more accurate portrayal of dally

enjoy <3

dallas winston never let anyone touch him the way you did.

the way you held onto him tight, like you would fall if you let go— or the way that he let you kiss him, the feeling of him always wanting more.

but he knew better than to love you.

you liked the pain of being with him; you thought you deserved it.

you let herself fall in love with someone who didn't love you. in fact, it was the opposite.

but he made it seem like he cared. how he always kept a close watch on you for he didn't want anyone to be too close to you. or how he admired the little things that you did, remembering almost every single detail about you.

and he hated it.

no matter what you did, you always made him feel in such a way he couldn't put into words— he cared about you to the point where you were the only girl who had ever seen him cry.

you didn't care that dallas wouldn't come home sometimes, but you were surprised when he let you touch him when he came back bruised and beaten up— tracing his wounds with her frail hand.

all dallas ever wanted was to feel understood.

and you were the only one who made him feel that way.

it made him feel soft. you deserved so much more than dallas and they both knew that; even when you decided to stay with him for good.

it wasn't until you felt his touch on your bare skin, she sighed as you let your eyes close peacefully.

"i love you," you said, hardly making eye contact with him. dallas knew it couldn't be a lie; your eyes spoke the truth— how sincere you sounded. for a few seconds, he stopped, his mouth hung agape as his heart froze. regret washed over you and you looked away.

"you don't," dallas interrupted, his expression going back to normal. "i think you should go for now."

"dallas," you pleaded softly, following him out of bed. "can't we talk about this?"

"no, i don't want to and we sure as hell don't need to." he sighed, raking his hand through his disheveled, dark hair. "i've already had enough trouble as it is, i don't need my girlfriend to be lying straight to my face like that." your mouth went dry before you even knew it. did your dally really think that? he knew that you meant every word that escaped from your mouth but he lied to himself, insisting that it was all some sick lie.

"how could you?" you asked, your tone laced with frustration. "how could you think that i would ever lie to you? i tell you that i love you and you just push me away like i'm some, rebound and then you treat me as if i did something to you! how fucking could you?"

"you never loved me, y/n," he raised his voice as if it wasn't already loud before. "it doesn't even matter anyways."

"why doesn't anything i do for you matter? i'm trying to make things work and—"

"because i hate you, y/n! isn't that what you wanted to hear?" your heart squeezed in pain as you felt your throat become to close up. why did it hurt so much to hear him say that? he wasn't supposed to matter to you and yet, you looked at dallas as if he had just hit you.

"you don't mean that."

"i meant every single word of it, y/n and there's nothing you could do about it." you tried everything you could to stop the tears from flowing down your cheeks but nothing seem to work and you felt pathetic to cry right in front of him.

"why can't i be enough for you?" you begged. "i told you i loved you so why can't it be enough?"

"it just can't! get that through your head!" and yet, you couldn't bring yourself to be mad at him— no matter how much he hurt you, you couldn't.

but it was easy to love someone who was just as broken as you.

but even still, you always get cut by the pieces.

a/n: i'm also thinking of writing headcannons so please tell me if you want me to ! <3