sinking ♡ dallas winston pt. ii

pairing: dallas winston x reader (2/?)
summary: in which y/n reflects on the memories she had with dallas winston before their relationship fell apart.
a/n: part two!! also, i wrote sylvia and kathy in this part but we'll just pretend she never dated dallas

anyways, hope u enjoy <3

all her friends knew what happened. when she visited the curtis brothers one day, she could hardly hide the expression on her face, tired and hopeless. sodapop knew y/n best; he knew exactly what happened.

darry had told her to take a break. she didn't say it out loud but it was funny for him to say that, especially when he never took a break himself and basically worked himself to death.

even when he practically begged her to take some tome off, she insisted that she'd be okay despite the extra hours and shifts she took from work.

y/n, evie, kathy, and sylvia walked alongside each other, catching up on their days. evie and kathy had just been out with their boyfriends and sylvia was busy at work.

"we should go out tonight with the others. how does that sound, y/n?" in all honesty, she couldn't care less about a party. she just wanted to forget him for one night.
-
putting on a black dress, evie could automatically tell that y/n hadn't worn that dress in awhile, evident in the way she constantly pulled it down to cover at least some section of her thighs. she did her makeup differently this time with copious amounts of concealer to hide the lack of sleep she had. she looked different. and definitely not in a good way.

y/n invited her friends from college. they were nothing like her. when she wanted to stay inside, they want wanted to go to clubs and forget what happened the next day. she didn't care about their differing lifestyles. honestly, she didn't care about them at all, but she needed someone to get her through college.

the party was loud, unbearable even. y/n needed to practically shout just for the girls to hear her but at this point, she didn't even care. she just wanted to forget about him, the memories, everything.

when y/n met up with her friends, emilia and alexandria, evie sat back, making sure she'd be okay. she didn't mind her catching up with her friends but she did get concerned when they kept passing her drinks and shot after shot, she was felt close to passing out.

"i'm so glad you decided to break up with him, to be honest. he was so boring anyways."

then, another added on, "he was cute though, would you mind if i had some fun with him?" y/n couldn't hear their voice at this point. the words mixed together, too slurred to even make out anything. sylvia had to stop evie from going over to them. she was always on y/n's side but she also found a friend in dallas. they weren't as close but she knew dallas wasn't like that. and it angered her that they had the nerve to even ask y/n that.

she took y/n's hand, leading her out of the party.

___

they bid their goodbyes, wishing for them to arrive safely while evie and y/n took a cab home to her apartment.

"can you stay with me?" she asked, almost ashamed. y/n had just begin to sober up but was still out of it, unable to even walk in a straight line.

"of course," she replied. for the first time in awhile, y/n let herself cry, tears freely flowing down her cheeks.

"do you remember that night when i told you he was taking me out somewhere by that lake?" she asked, putting an end to the calming silence.

evie was surprised she could remember that far back considering the state she was in but she still responded. "yes, why?"

"that was the first time he told me he loved me."

before evie could answer, y/n fell asleep. she pulled a blanket over her until going to the room next to hers.

"what are you doing up so early?" she asked, getting out of bed before trudging over to dallas, giving him a peck on his cheek

"i could ask you the same thing." a soft grin appeared on his lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist, his chin leaning on the blade of her shoulder.

"i missed you," she trailed off, sighing as she looked at the view in front of them. "i wouldn't mind if things were always like this." dallas smiled into her neck, trailing kisses until he moved so that his forehead touch hers.

he gave her a chaste kiss, "i love you." dallas said, finally making eye contact. "i don't care how much time we don't spend together or even if we fight and don't talk for days. i'll still love you, y/n."

y/n didn't answer for a few moments, cupping his cheek. she couldn't help but smile at his words, knowing she was probably the first person he said that to. she looked at him endearingly, unable to stop the grin adorning her face.

"i love you too."

__

dallas winston regretted what he did, the words he said to her before she left for good. he knew he was in the wrong, he knew how she would react but not only did he hurt her, he was left to be alone again.

his dad never care about him. for all dallas knew, he was still in new york in the same house he once lived in. he remembered telling y/n about his parents— from when he found out his mom passed away and how his father has shown more love to the kids he had with another woman far more younger.

he remembered telling y/n that if his mom was still around, he would've told her about y/n.

dallas had changed within a few months. he didn't get into as many fights— he didn't get into fights at all anymore— and he had almost completely quit smoking. he's changing for the better, he says to himself, because he doesn't want to ever end up like his father.

looking around his apartment, everything around him reminds him of y/n. the decorative blankets she bought for him, some of the belongings she had forgotten, the pictures that were taken down but not quite yet thrown away. every time he goes to bed, he can still faintly remember the smell of her perfume, the airy mix of jasmine and lavender.

he looks for any excuse to see her but everything she left behind is probably useless to her now. except for her favorite sweater that she wore when they first met.

grabbing it, dallas leaves the apartment before driving to her.