XIV | 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠

⊱ ────── ๑♡๑ ────── ⊰

Barely an hour had gone by at the small farm in Bromley and your feet already hurt from walking on the frozen hard ground. Instead of ankle boots, you wished you had worn a pair of converse, though the accident ruined them for you.

The cold December air had you longing for the spring when the sun was shining and the cherry blossom petals littered the streets of London in a pretty pink carpet. Still, the weather and your choice of footwear were far from the only changes in the last seven months.

"Can we hurry up and get a tree? I'm supposed to meet up with Mia in a bit" Zach whined.

Mia was your brother's first proper girlfriend in his seventeen years of life and was all he talked about. It annoyed you how she was always around when you visited your parents, and the few times she wasn't, Zach stayed making kissy faces at his phone.

As much as you understood the overwhelming and dizzying complexities of having your first love, you weren't sure you could take much more of this and prayed he'd soon go back to only caring about football and playing FIFA with his friends.

"We would've been on our way home by now if people didn't keep stopping your sister for selfies" Your father said.

"It's not my fault, I'm famous" You teased, with a flip of your hair. You had recently cut it to shoulder-length so the flip wasn't as dramatic as you intended.

As much as you disliked thinking of yourself in that way, there was no denying that your profile had increased significantly. While healing from your injuries, both physical and emotional, you spent the summer as brand ambassador for Tom Ford Beauty.

That catapulted you into another level of fame. To top it off, in the autumn you walked for fashion weeks in New York, Paris, and Milan, opening five of the shows and closing seven.

Suddenly, you felt your phone vibrate in the back pocket of your jeans with a text. It was from the guy you had been casually seeing since November. Unlike Zach, you were low-key about the relationship since it was still early days. Not even Ginnie or Harry knew his identity.

Lover Boy 💕 🤫

Morning, love. Weekend trip to the Cotswolds just you and me, what do you say?

"Is that Timothée Chalamet?" Your mother asked, trying to get a look at your phone from over your shoulder.

"For the last time mum, I'm not dating Timothée Chalamet!"

"Y/N, I saw the video on the twitter" She insisted, causing you to roll your eyes before walking away from her over to where your father and Zach were.

The video she referred to was from a New York fashion week after-party in September that showed you and the young actor hugging. The clip was taken after you introduced yourself to him and fangirled over his roles in Call Me by Your Name and Lady Bird. Many fans, the media, and your mother, speculated that he was the man you were dating, but that was nothing more than fake news.

"So, what were you texting not Timothée Chalamet?" Your father joked, having overheard the conversation with your mother.

"Nothing."

"C'mon, throw your old man a bone here."

"Fine. He invited me to the Cotswolds next weekend" You revealed.

While you were hesitant to open up to your mother about personal matters, specifically your romantic life, it was different with your father. He had the ability to make you talk when you least wanted to, leaving no doubt that you were definitely a daddy's girl.