VII | 𝐻𝑖𝑠 𝑆𝑖𝑑𝑒

⊱ ────── ๑♡๑ ────── ⊰

You stood in front of the vanity mirror and fixed your hair into a quick messy bun before running downstairs and heading outside to greet Tom. You weren't sure why you wanted to look okay for him, yes you still had feelings for him, but you were very much still upset with him. For hanging up on you, the Instagram post, and especially for cheating on you.

You stepped out through the front door and walked down the steps towards the driveway where he stood with the boombox still in hand, grinning like the Cheshire cat once he saw you.

"Thank you for coming out, otherwise I would've had to keep singing all night, my throat thanks you."

"I'm sure the neighbors do too," you said and you both laughed nervously.

"In all seriousness, it's great seeing you princess," he put the boombox down and pulled you into a gentle hug.

Tom took in the familiar scent of your hair, the hint of vanilla and spice from your Spicy Vanilla Orchid perfume from Victoria's Secret brought back pleasant memories. He loved that even though you were now a big supermodel, you hadn't changed and started wearing the most expensive Chanel fragrances...or Dior.

You were yourself, the girl he fell madly in love with, and he loved that.

After a few seconds you were still wrapped around his arms, you patted him lightly on the back and he released you, not realizing how long he had been hugging you for. "Let's go over there," he said pointing towards his car, "a chat is long overdue."

You nodded and followed him. He got on the hood of his car and extended his hand to you so you could get on beside him. "Your car is super nice, aren't you afraid to dent the hood?", you asked him pointing at the Audi.

"It could have a thousand dents and I wouldn't care if it means, you get to lay down next to me" he smirked.

You rolled your eyes, but got onto the hood anyway. The two of you just stared into the dark sky, it was peaceful. Tom slowly scooted closer and closer to you, until his shoulders touched yours. 

"Did you recognize the song?"

"How could I not, we were slow-dancing to it when you finally mustered up enough nerve to ask me to be your girlfriend," you smiled at the fond memories. "I also remember the reason you brought that boombox."

Tom put his arms over his head and rested his head on his joined hands. "That night we decided to stay in and have a marathon of 80's movies, it was our second date," he recalled with a smile.

"The last movie we watched that night was 'Say Anything'," you said. "After the scene where Lloyd showed up to Diane's house with the boombox, you paused the movie and planted a big one right on my lips, our first kiss."

"That kiss...it was...something else," he reminisced, you blushed.

"That's great and all Thomas, but I gather the reason you're here isn't to revisit our relationship milestones," you said sounding harsher than you intended.

Tom sighed, "it was part of it, but you're right. I came here because I wanted to do what I should've done a long time ago, explain myself."

"Go on," you said, still staring at the sky.

He cleared his throat and began "I am so so sorry (Y/N). You have no idea how much I regret hurting you, you were the love of my life, hell you still are. I know you can never forgive me but I hope one day you'll stop hating me, because I can never be happy knowing the woman I love despises me and-"