The Tailor

We all stood there as Lance knocked on the dark wooden door, hearing a loud commotion inside despite it being early in the morning.

"Who is it?" A little girl's voice called as the door opened.

"Nadia!" Lance called with his arms wide open as the girl's eyes landed on him. She quickly reciprocated the hug as the rest of the family slowly started to gather by the door.
The rest of us traded quick glances as we smiled at the scene.

"Hey, boy." An older man patted Lance hard on the shoulder as he looked at the rest of us. "Come in and bring your crew. It's cold out here." He dragged Lance in as the rest of us followed. My eyes met, who I assumed was Lance's mother's, eyes, quickly bowing my head slightly.

"Thank you for inviting us in." I offered a smile as I felt slightly embarrassed now. She stared at me for a second, face unreadable, until a smile spread across her face.

"Don't mind it." She wrapped a strong arm tight around my small frame. "Anyone that can stand my son is family." I laughed as she brought us all into the dining room, a mound of food piled high.

"You guys are lucky. We were just about to have breakfast. Come join us." A kind woman with beautiful bouncy hair motioned for us all to sit.

"I want the pretty girl to sit next to me." A boy who looked oddly just like Lance pulled at my sleeve for me to take a seat. He looked at me with big blue eyes wide open, I couldn't say no.

"May I?" I looked at Lance's family as they all nodded. I smiled at the boy as I sat next to him, making him let out an adorable giggle. The rest of the group asked for seats, Keith sitting parallel to me with Nadia on my other side.

"Ah, let me introduce my family. It might take a minute as you can see, there is an abundance." Lance cleared his throat dramatically as he clinked his glass with his fork, making mostly everyone shake their head.

"The little boy next to Mirai is Silvio. You've already met Nadia. They are my niece and nephew That is Luis and Lisa, their parents. That's my mom, that's Pop-Pop. Those are my siblings Marco, Veronica and once again Luis. And she is Rachel." He looked like he was out of breathe as he finished the introductions.

"Ah, I forgot." He stood up from his seat as he made a round around the table, pointing at each of us. "The grumpy on is Keith." He flicked Keith's head, earning him a sharp glare. "This is Pidge." Lance patted her head as he put a hand on Hunk's shoulder, who was sitting right next to Pidge. "Hunk."  He skipped a few seats until he was at Allura. "This is Princess Allura. That's right I know a princess." The family all gasped as Lance bragged. "This is Coran and that's Thace. Buff guy right here is Shiro and the little one next to him is Matt, Pidge's older brother."
Once he made it to me he ducked down so we were at eye level. "Which name do you want me to introduce you as?" I thought for a second as I processed the question. They've never met me as Mirai. I hesitated for a second as I looked back to Lance.

"Ena." He nodded as he stood back up, both hands on my shoulders.

"And this cutie right here is Ena. But Silvio don't get any weird ideas, she's out of your league buddy." He laughed as he sat back down in his seat. Lance's mother urged for us to start eating, she didn't have to say it twice before the boys started digging in.

"So, Ena." Lisa, who was sitting next to Keith, perpendicular to me, said as I chewed on the Amarillo Rice.

"Hmm?" I looked at her.

"How old are you? You look too young to be hanging around with an idiot like Lance." She laughed as she smiled kindly. She reminded me of Yui.

"Ah, actually I am a few months younger than him. I'm just short." I smiled as Lisa did along with me.