The Beauty in Chains

I walked along the hallway without looking at any of the guards. My legs still ached from yesterday's punishment. They had the witch add somthing to my upgrades. She never told me her name all she does when I am there is talk about how I am a 'beautiful specimen'. My throat burned still even though it had been months since they punished me for that. Before I could finish my complaints one of the guards nudged me on the shoulder to gain my attention.

"Mirai they need you in the gladiator room." The guard turned and continued his rounds. I walked towards the room but dreaded going there. It wasn't long until I was right infront of the door. I sighed and walked towards the sensors so the door opened.

"Oh, Mirai you were faster than expected." One of the guards said. My eyes were instantly focused on one of the prisoners whom were forced to clean up the remains of the prisoner that had faught the Gladiator before. The old woman cleaning was holding her breath. I didn't pay any mind to it. I couldn't. It's not like I could speak up even if I wanted to. After waiting for the woman to finish cleaning up the purple blood from whatever species that was, the guard gave me the 'ok' to go into the ring. The other guards who were on brake outlined the walls outside of the cage.

It didn't take a minute for the Gladiator to walk in. He had his usual staff with a black orb of quintessence floating above it. I no longer cared. It was all the same. Everytime it was the same gladiator with the same ring, same weapon, same cheers. I was bored of it. The buzzer sounded as both of my dainty small arms glowed a light purple. My legs went on autopilot same with the rest of me. I nonchalantly dodged every one of the Gladiator's throws. I did that for about ten minutes so I wouldn't upset the guards. After the ten minutes were up I shot to the Gladiator and sliced his neck horizontally with my fingertips.

The guards whined and slumped their way back to work. I sat down next to the now dead Gladiator's body. I looked out the window so I could see the space outside of the ship. I tucked my head in my hands. I had been here for seven or eight years. I don't remeber anymore. All I remember was that I was taken when I was nine and now I was in my late teens. My eyes wanted to cry but I had a job to do. I forced myself to my aching legs and grabbed ahold of the Gladiator and started to drag him to the dispose bin.

I walked out of the room soon after and continued down the hall. I needed to get to where I was headed and I had already wasted enough time. Once I got to the cell I needed to I looked in and saw the alien people were still there. I forced a smile so they could smile back. I moved my mouth in the motion to say 'hi' but my throat burned when I did so.

"Ah, Future. You're here. Hello." One of them said. I dreaded that nickname. It put all the weight on my shoulders. My small, small shoulders.

I had promised them that someone would come save them before I had lost my voice. I knew this was true because the lion that was stories tall with the color of human blood was hid away in the bunker. I knew that one day the owner of that lion would come to retrieve it.

I couldn't wait for the day. The whole ship would be in a panic. All of the guards would be flustered and they would be buzzing around like bees trying to find them while cursing under their breathes. It would be fun to watch. I couldn't wait for the owner of the red lion to come and cause the ship to fall into utter chaos.