Colors

I wondered around my room, everything was left seemingly untouched, other than the casual cleaning here and there Yui said that she did so it would be clean when I came back. I glanced around, picking things up that seemed interesting, and putting them back down a second later. I could hear laughing and chatter out in the living room, it seemed the Paladins had gotten comfortable with my family. I was glad, I felt guilty for making them visit my family that might've not even been here, before they could visit their own.
I sighed as I sat on my bed, which was still made. I laid back, my head resting on the gray pillow. Something's caught my eye as I turned to look at the family portrait on my bedside table. I picked it up to look closer at it, the picture was old, back when Mori and Kari were just born. I tried my hardest to remember, remember that day, or anything, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, how much I wanted to, I couldn't. I almost jumped out of my skin when knocking came from the door.

"It's me." Keith said before hesitating.

"Come in." I said before he could ask, the door opening gently. He had taken off his jacket, leaving him in a black t-shirt. He offered a quick smile before coming to sit next to me.

"So this is what you room looked like. More girly than I assumed." He chuckled as he pointed to the mirror with makeup neatly put away. I laughed as I rubbed circles into the photo frame.

"Everything's as I left it." I said as I looked around, noticing the notebook placed under my feet. I leaned down to look at it.

"What's that?" Keith cocked his head as he looked at me.

"I don't remember." I mumbled as I opened it. Looking at the quick sketches and writings. I looked closer as I flipped closer. "This is Yukine's journal." I scoffed as I looked at the familiar handwriting and signature.

"It's in Japanese." Keith said in awe as he noticed. I just nodded as I flipped through.

"Can you read it?" I asked as I looked at Keith. He shook his head as he laughed.

"Not at all."

"Really?" I laughed as I scoffed.

"Hey, my last name might be Kogane, but that doesn't mean that my Japanese is great. I can speak some but not enough to be literate." He shrugged as he glanced once more at the journal.

"Maybe I can teach you." I smiled as I sat the journal on the bed. "If Yukine's journal is in here, then that means that he was in here while I was at Pilot School. He probably stole something." I laughed as I sighed, laying back into the bed.

"Was that your school uniform?" Keith asked as he pointed to a uniform that was hung up in my open closet.

"Yeah, I went to an Japanese academy that was close by. My mom wanted us to be in touch with our culture." I sat up as I was surprised I remembered this kind of stuff. As excitement filled my body, I was giddy. "I remember something. I remembered something." Keith smiled at me as I stood up, waking over to the uniform. I took it in my hold as I looked at it. It was the uniform we used during fall and winter.
Yui opened the door to check on us looked at me.

"Ah, your summer uniform is in your dresser." She pointed as she walked over to me, also looking at the uniform. "It might still fit you. You haven't grown much." She laughed as she glanced back at Keith. "You wanna see her in her school uniform?" She laughed as she didn't wait for him to answer, pushing me towards the bathroom to change.

"For your information, I have grown an inch." I mumbled as I looked at the uniform. I sighed as I changed, coming back out of the bathroom and looking at Yui.

"Told you it would fit." She clapped as she smiled widely.

"To be fair, the uniform was too big on me to begin with, back when I went to the academy." I scoffed as I turned to look at the mirror. The white long sleeved shirt was still a little to long for me, the blue cuffs with white strips covering some of my palms. The blue bow was tied tightly to the blue and white collar. The top tucked into the blue skirt that came to my mid thigh leaving some space between it and the black and white knee high socks.