My Time to Shine

I helped Thace and Allura clear up the dishes from dinner. My mind still a mess from a few days ago. I don't know why but I would always wake up to the dream of Keith's lips settled on mine, only to find out it was all a dream.
I sighed as I stretched on my tip toes, trying to reach the cabinet. I gritted my teeth as I struggled to reach. I could feel my ankle give out as I dropped three plates onto the floor. Surprisingly one survived the fall.

"Mirai? Are you okay?"Thace asked as we both bent down to clean up the shattered plates. "You seem a little out of it today." I looked up to meet Thace's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have some stuff on my mind lately." I chuckled uncomfortably as I grabbed a rag to clean up the splinters of glass that we couldn't pick up. We both froze as the siren blared, scaring all three of us half to death, and the Paladins running past the door, towards the lions. We were just about to pass a water filled planet when the castle made a stop and the lions departed. I pressed my nose to the glass window and observed the planet. It only had a few patches of land that were filled with forest. The water the similar color to a diamond, it was beautiful. I wondered what could possibly be wrong with this beautiful planet until I saw the shadows of an explosion on their land. It was weird. Seeing an explosion from so high up in space. It seemed like it wasn't real, like it was nothing to worry about. I pushed myself away from the glass when I decided to get to my small little speeder.

"Mirai, where are you going?" Lance yelled back at me as I ran passed him.

"I'm gonna help," I called back, "And don't worry. This time I won't screw everything up." And with that I sped off towards the water flooded planet. I turned back and watched the lions file out of the castle as I neared the planet. After a few more minutes of speeding I finally found the a small patch of rocks to land on. I hopped off the little speeder as I scanned the area. It was in shambles. Complete and utter shambles as I could see the small village that occupied the small patch of land crumbled at the slightest touch. I could hear people crying and hushing one another behind the big rock in front of what I assumed as the village square. I lightly walked over, making sure not to make any sudden noises as I didn't want to scare whoever was hiding behind the rock.

"Hello." I called as sweetly as my vocal range would let me. "I'm not here to harm anyone. Actually I'm here to help." I continued as I stopped in front of the rock. "I'm with the paladins of voltron."

"Really?" A voice question after a short while.

"Mm." I hummed as I nodded my head. I waited as the natives filed out one my one, a few clutching their young close to them. The people were beautiful. Their emerald skin shimmered in the warm sun, their grey pale eyes shined with what I hoped was hope as they gazed upon me. Some were tall, and short, and skinny, and some were stocky. All were just as unique as the next, with their dark magenta markings on their faces.

"What is your name alien?" One of the elder men said with what seemed like confidence.

"Mirai. My name is Mirai." I smiled. As I bowed at my waist.

"And how can a small girl like you help us?" He said as he waved his cane at me.

"Father, she is obviously a goddess sent from the heavens to save us from our struggles." The young woman holding a small child piped up.

"Oh, no." I waved my hands as I spoke. "I am just wit-"

"Ah, I see." The old man sighed as he turned to his daughter then to me. "How could I not realize. With the snow white hair and skin and eyes as blue as the heavens." He took my hand as he bowed. "Goddess Mirai, please forgive my rudeness. i was just being cautious as I thought you were with the Galras."

"Galras?" My attention was stolen as I remembered my task.

"Yes." The man spoke. "They came in with weapons, they shot a few of our warriors and took all of the children and women who did not hide fast enough."

"What? Do you know where they are?" I clutched the man's hand tighter as I hoped the paladins had already found them.

"Yes, they went to the deep caves that lie just beyond the rocks." He motion to the rocks that were just outside the village. I nodded, not giving them much time to say anything else.

"Oh yeah," I turned around, "What's your name?" I yelled back to the man.

"My name is Voohon, I am the chief of the Kians." He said, "And this is my daughter Xian and her son Zeke."

"Alright. Don't worry Mr. Voohon. I'll get your people back." I smiled as I ran off towards the cave. I stole a glance at the sky when I heard a blast. The paladins were still caught in an aerial battle with the Galrans in space. I was on my own for this for the moment.