Don't Let Keith Know

It seemed suspicious to me, they weren't here for that long. It seemed they just wanted to go in, get something and get out.

"Good Job guys, lets head back and go check on everyone." Shiro said as his lion headed back to the castle. It didn't take long for us to get inside and for Allura and Coran to great us. They seemed absentminded. It looked like they looking out for something else. Lance and the rest didn't pay any attention to it but I couldn't ignore the growing feeling in my stomach.

"Uh, Allura? Coran?" I spoke trying not to focus on the pit being dug in my stomach. "Where's Mirai? Didn't we leave her in here?" Both Allura and Coran avoided my gaze which caused the feeling to take over my complete conscious. All I could feel was a feeling I could only associate with vomiting and pure fear and adrenaline. I pushed past them and rushed down the hallway. I don't know why but all I wanted was to hear her voice, though it was artificial. I just wanted to see her face, her blue eyes and platinum white hair. Her big eyes and small nose. Her beautiful posture. Like she was shy but still in some ways confidant. I turned the corner with my thoughts all pushed to the back of my head.

"Mirai!" I yelled still somewhat hopeful to hear her small, shy voice from the corner where she always holed out. I could hear everyone yelling for me down the hall but my breathes shook too much to make a sound. The feeling like vomit that was originally in the pit of my stomach now in the back of my throat. I kept in in the best I could but it burned. I saw splatters of blood on the floor around me. I could her the footfalls behind come to a stop and someone place their hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Keith." Coran said as he patted my shoulder, "We hadn't gotten around to cleaning it up before you all came in here." Instead of the vomit feeling pouring out it faded, it was replaced with something that ate at the inside of me.

"Where is she?" I said trying to hide my growl that was rumbling out of my throat.

"I'm sorry but we don't know. I just saw on the cameras that Sendak made it in the castle but while we were trying to locate him the power went out and he was gone and so was Mirai." Allura said as her hand enveloped mine trying to stop it from shaking.

"Now, Keith. Let's not do anything rash." Shiro said raising his hands as I were a feral animal. "We can't go on a rescue mission after Mirai yet."

"What do you mean 'we can't'" My fury now boiling over the maximum point, "Mirai is one of us for God's Sake, I mean didn't you say 'your as much of a part of this family as the rest of us.'" I walked over so that I was standing on my toes to look Shiro straight in the eyes.

"Keith calm down." Lance complained as he went to grab my arm. I pushed him away and offered him a glare that made him stop in his tracks.    

"So I guess that was all bullshit that you spewed so that she would explain herself?" With that sentence Shiro's eyes slimmed in anger as he pushed me to the ground. My eyes were wide in shock and my hands were behind me for balance.

"I said we couldn't right now but that doesn't mean ever. Mirai is a part of this family and I will never let my family be taken from me. You got that Keith." He stepped over me and past Allura,"Now let's go and make up a strategy to go save our little damsel in distress." Hunk helped me up and asked if I was okay. I agreed nicely with my eyes glued on the puddles of crimson blood. The feeling that was eating away my insides was now absent. I smiled at Shiro and jogged to catch up to him feeling as light as a feather.

"Yeah," I whispered under my breath as I came to the conclusion as to what my vomited feelings were caused by, "We're going to save you Mirai, My Little Damsel in Distress."