Chapter 43

You were going to leave at the break of dawn, so you could reach where you were going by noon. You didn't twice before leaving all your school books behind as well as your phone before grabbing a bag that was stuffed with your clothes, some toiletries and some bags of chips. The most valuable thing in your bag however, was the few packets of seeds that you got from the market.

'You know you really shouldn't be taking the chips.' Your bottles of water chastised you and you huffed, "It's just until I get used to the taste of fish and fruit and things."

Biting your lip in nervousness, you asked, "Are you sure it's going to work? I'm not much of a gardener."

'Don't worry about nature. Nature is on your side for this journey.'

It was reassuring to have a force of nature on your side, you nodded, letting a carefree smile slip onto your face. It was invigorating, the thought that tomorrow you'll be in a new place, under the sun, close to the water and surrounded by nature.

'The sun is coming up, it's time to move.'

Nodding, you grabbed your bag and slung it over your shoulders before sliding open your window as noiselessly as possible. You opened one of the bottles, allowing the water to slip out and gather onto your palms to protect them, holding its shape before you grasped the drain pipe and let yourself slide down before pushing the water back into the bottle.

The sun was barely peeking out from behind the buildings and it shone a soft golden glow onto your face, giving you a sweet preview of what treasures were to come. You felt excitement and anticipation bubble in your veins.

"Where to now?" You asked and a breeze pushed past you. To anyone else, it was the morning breeze but you could feel it, the water in the air, guiding you to where you were supposed to go.

'Follow me.'

When Phoebe came back home from the orphanage, she was an absolute mess

When Phoebe came back home from the orphanage, she was an absolute mess. Tears were running down her face and she was struggling to control her sobs.

She had been at the orphanage to try and convince you to join the party they were throwing for Allison on her last day in Hiddenville. She wanted you to make nice with Max, because she knew what good friends the two of you were. After Max had told her what happened, she wanted to talk to you immediately but Max was so livid that she knew it wouldn't be a good idea to force the two of you to talk while you both were upset.

But she quickly came to realize what happened when it looked like a hurricane had blown through your room.

A few of your clothes were strewn on your bed, the prom dress that you had saved up for months and then spent the whole day shopping with her and Cherry to decide was carelessly thrown to the floor.

Your bags were missing, along with most of your clothes and your phone was left behind.

As soon as she realized what happened her heart sunk to her knees and she desperately went through your stuff to find something, anything, to prove that what she was thinking was wrong. But the heft of her dread stopped her from looking for long and she fell to her knees at your bed, trying to wrap her head around the whole situation.