Chapter 49

"Actually, super powers are genetic. They're created by the cells that get activated by an enzyme that only a super hero's body can produce because it's in their genetics. Most likely, when Dark Mayhem used the orb, he was just shining an ultra violet light or something to destroy the enzyme, but it can be easily replicated and injected so the powers can be restored." Adam informed from behind his cell bars.

You turned to President Kickbutt with the most infuriating smirk, "Ha! I told you so! In your face Kickbutt!"

She glared at you, "You know, I could have you thrown out of her."

You scoffed, "You know, I could make it so that you could never take a shower again but always have wet socks."

She rolled her eyes, trying to condescend you, "What amazing powers you have."

"Well my powers defeated the most powerful villain to ever exist while yours were helping you sit on your ass, so, ha." You replied haughtily.

"You defeated a villain?" Asked Adam, surprised and you nodded excitedly, "Not just any villain! I killed Dark Mayhem baby!"

"Hey that's my thing!" Whined Chloe and you giggled, "Whoops, sorry sweetie."

"Nice job (Y/N)! That's my girl!" Your god brother grinned and held out his hand between the bars to give you a high five which you gladly returned.

"Now, if you want me to restore the Thundermans powers, I'm gonna need lab equipment." He told Kickbutt and you turned to her smirking, "I told you he'd be able to do it."

She just rolled her eyes in the most insulting way and walked away from you. Narrowing your eyes at her back, you stuck her tongue out at her.

Max rolled his eyes at you, "Stop that."

You huffed but did so anyway, turning back to Adam to find him staring at you with a fond smile, "I really missed you, you know?"

"I missed you too. I'm sorry about last time, I almost killed you."

"No," He shook his head, "It wasn't your fault. And it doesn't matter now anyway. I'm okay now."

You nodded gently, smiling at Max when he rubbed your arm in a comforting way. It was an action that wasn't missed by Adam who just smiled knowingly at the two of you, "Can I trust you to get her back safely?"

You scoffed, "I can get back just fine on my own, I don't know if you heard but I—"

"Defeated the most powerful villain to ever exist. We know." They both deadpanned simultaneously and you giggled at their surprised faces.

"Okay then, let's go see Phoebe. See you soon Adam!" You called, turning around when Max wrapped an arm around your shoulder and began guiding you to the door.

Adam was downright grinning at you when you turned around and excitedly waved at him.

"That's my girl."