Part 7 - Dismissed

"You are dismissed. Go home." The old man who ran their part of the army said.

         "Sorry. What?" It was Yunho who spoke. They had only been working as soldiers for a few months. And they were already sending them home? Seonghwa thought this was very strange.

          "Word from the front is that the enemy has retreated. Those cowards couldn't even last a whole year? How dare they make the king waste his men." The old man was blabbing to himself more than talking to them at this point.

          Seonghwa made eye contact with San who wasn't standing too far away from him, Wooyoung glued to his hip.

          'What did you do?' Seonghwa mouthed, noticing the sun gods sly smile. He just dramatically placed a hand over his chest and with wide eyes he mouthed back, 'are you accusing me of something?'. Yes, Seonghwa was accusing him. He probably contacted a war god somewhere. He sighed. At least he'd be able to return home sooner. Or rather, at least Hongjoong would be able to return home sooner.       

            Alive.

    "Hongjoong," Seonghwa started to say as he approached the boy after the announcement.

    "Seonghwa! I didn't die!" Hongjoong said excitedly.

    "We were only patrolling." Seonghwa said, but he knew both of them were thinking about the incident a while ago.

    "Thank you again, Seonghwa. I'm really lucky... to have met you." Hongjoong said, his cheeks turning red.

    "Yeah, me too I guess." Seonghwa said, adding on the last part as a joke.

    "Hey! What do you mean, you guess?" The red head pouted, Seonghwa chuckled.

    "You made this whole experience very stressful for me you know." The god said as they walked towards their rooms, to take all of their stuff out. It was true, he stressed over making sure he was never harmed, and just not doing anything stupid in the presence of the cute boy.

    "Oh. I'm sorry." Hongjoong said, hanging his head sadly. Seonghwa patted the boy's head and laughed softly.

"It's fine, I was joking. It's been a pleasure, Hongjoong." He said to him. Hongjoong

looked up and smiled.

"You scared me there for a second." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, I'm

going to go get my stuff... um, Seonghwa, do you have anything to do when you go home?" Hongjoong asked, gesturing to his room with his thumb.

"No, I'm not." Seonghwa replied. Was Hongjoong going to ask him if they wanted to

meet? Maybe talk over some tea? Seonghwa didn't want to get his hopes up, but the possibilities were endless.

    "Um, do you... want to, maybe, come over? To my house for some tea? I'd like to properly thank you and introduce you to my sister as the man who saved my life." Seonghwa was a bit surprised at first. Sure he was expecting an invitation to do something, but his house? It seemed intimate, and Seonghwa was already looking forward to it.

    "Yes, I'd like that, Hongjoong." He said, softly smiling at the small redhead. The boy seemed to space out for a bit, before coming back to his senses. He sends an awkward smile in Seonghwa's direction before scurrying off.

    Seonghwa laughed at the adorableness of it.

    "Seonghwa is catching feelings!" An excited voice chirped from behind him.