Part 2 - Again

Five years had passed since their last visit to the mortal realm. And Seonghwa had almost forgotten his encounter with the one called Kim Hongjoong, until he stumbled upon that bright red vial of ink in a drawer.

He held it up to the light, smiling at the memory of the flustered child. He was so innocent. Seonghwa wondered what had happened to him after that day.

        "Seonghwa!" San came bursting into the room, an air of panic around him.

        "Yes?" Seonghwa asked, annoyed that his friend had decided to interrupt his thoughts.

        "The mortal realm. A war has started." San said. Seonghwa's eyes widened. He had known it would be soon, but not this soon.

        "And?" He asked, wanting more information.

        "All men over eighteen must volunteer." He said quietly. Seonghwa knew what he meant. His darling Wooyoung was sure to be over eighteen now, and San was worried. Seonghwa thought it was sweet how the man had seemed to develop an affection towards the mortal. He visited frequently, however, Seonghwa had been too busy to ever go with him.

        "Please Seonghwa, come with me." San pleaded.

        "Why is this mortal so important to you? You never shut up about him and you even visit the mortal realm to see him. You've never done this before San." Seonghwa was confused. San had fooled around with countless mortals before, but this was the first time he had grown attached.

        "Wooyoung, he's different." San said, a determined fire in his eyes.

        "Whatever. Fine, I'll go with you, if only to make sure you don't do anything stupid." Seonghwa answered him. San smiled at him and grabbed his arm.

        "No time to waste then!" He lead Seonghwa through the pavilion, past countless advisors and servants who just stared in confusion as San told them they'd be going on a short vacation.

        San dragged him towards the portal.

        "Yeosang knows we will be coming, don't worry." Seonghwa laughed. Of course San had told Yeosang they would both be going, because Seonghwa was weak to the younger's pleas.

        Soon, the two of them were standing in the familiar room of Yeosang's house, but this time, Yeosang was nowhere to be seen.

        "Wooyoungie! I'm back!" San shouted. An excited rush of feet sounded in the hall as the door was flung open. Seonghwa recognized the blonde boy from their previous visit, though he had grown up considerably.

        "Sannie!" Wooyoung said as he hugged the sun god. Both of them had smiles on their faces.

        "Hello Wooyoung." Seonghwa said awkwardly. Wooyoung detached himself from San and bowed to Seonghwa.

        "Nice to see you again, sir." He said. Seonghwa cringed at the formality.

        "No need to be so formal, just call me Seonghwa." He said to the boy. Wooyoung straightened up, smiling from ear to ear. But then, it slowly vanished.

        "U-um, you've heard about the drafting right?" He said quietly. Seonghwa and San exchanged a glance. The poor boy looked scared.

        "Yes, that's why we're here." Seonghwa said to him. San put a hand on Wooyoung's shoulder.

        "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He said. Wooyoung smiled a bit at the comment.

        "Speaking of, isn't Yeosang enlisting as well?" Seonghwa asked. Wooyoung nodded.