Part 6 - Sunshine

(SAN POV)

San was chilling in the bunks, just lounging on his cot. He was alone, and frankly enjoying the quiet.

         His mind drifted to Wooyoung. When they can first met, San had wanted nothing more than to have some fun with him. But when he had went back to the mortal realm, Wooyoung had rejected all of his advances. He treated San like he would any other human. Not like he was a god.

          And after that, San kept coming back. Slowly, he had become friends with the boy.

          Wooyoung would seek him out and they would talk for hours.

          Eventually that friendly banter turned into some flirting. But San didn't know if Wooyoung was ever serious when they flirted, or if he was just being friendly with him.

         As if summoned, the man himself burst through the door to their shared room.

          "Sannie!" Wooyoung danced over to San who was taking a nap in their room.

          "What is it Woo?" San asked, propping himself up on his elbows.

          "Guess what Yeosang told me?" Wooyoung said, his mischevious smile growing, a sign he had some gossip to share.

         "Hmmm, what?" San asked him. Wooyoung sat on the edge of San's cot and San wrapped his arms around Wooyoung's waist.

          "He says Seonghwa used his powers on a human! Apparently he was really concerned for this one boy." Wooyoung said excitedly.

          "Wooyoung, you're acting as if your birthday came early." San said with a chuckle, amused at how adorable his little Wooyoung was being.

          "You told me how long it had been since Seonghwa had any sort of romance in his life. I thought you'd be excited." Wooyoung said, his lips forming a cute pout that San wanted to kiss so badly.

          "Oh? Well you never said anything about romance!" San said, his eyes shining like a puppy at the mention of Seonghwa and a possible romance.

          "Why else would I say it! Guess who it is?" Wooyoung giggled as San nuzzled his neck.

          "It's the red haired boy! I think his name is Kim Hongjoong or something." Wooyoung said. San clapped his hands over his mouth dramatically.

          "Ooh! We met him five years ago! He was cute back then, he must be so handsome now!" San exclaimed excitedly. Wooyoung made a shocked expression at San.

         "Sannie! I'm right here!" He said, and moved away from San.

         "Aww, I'm sorry Woo, of course you're the most beautiful boy." San said to the pouting blonde.

         "Nope, you've lost cuddling privileges." Wooyoung said, turning away from San. After a few seconds, San snuck up behind Wooyoung and tackled him in a hug.

         "I said no cuddles!" Wooyoung screeched.

         "I said I was sorry!" San said as the two of them rolled over so that San was propped up on his hands hovering above Wooyoung on the cot.

         "You are the prettiest boy." San said, brushing a lock of hair from Wooyoung's face. Wooyoung blushed and narrowed his eyebrows.

          "That's a lie." He said quietly. Now it was San's turn to narrow his eyes.

          "Why is that?" He asked.

          "Because you are the prettiest boy in this universe." Wooyoung whispered. San smiled softly.

          "Besides Seonghwa of course." Wooyoung said breaking into a grin. San laughed.

"Hey Sannie, were you ever human?" Wooyoung asked. San thought about it.

"I'm not sure. Most gods were, but I can't remember. The ones that were though, they reincarnate with the memories of their latest life. The life that got them into the heavens." San replied. He and Seonghwa were two of the oldest gods in the heavens, and so they didn't remember if they ever really lived or not.

"Oh. Do you ever wonder if you were?" Wooyoung wondered.

          "Of course. But, come on, tell me how pretty I am again." San said with a smirk. Wooyoung pretended to think.

          "Well, I'll put it this way. If Seonghwa is dark and beautiful like the nighttime, then you shine like the sun. And I love the sunshine very much." Wooyoung said. In that moment, San thought that Wooyoung's smile shone even brighter than the sun.

          "So does that mean you love me too?" San whispered as he stared down as Wooyoung trapped between his arms.

          "Yeah. I love you San." Wooyoung said, propping himself up on his elbows and bringing their faces closer so that their noses were almost touching.

          "Wooyoung...I—" San swallowed, and Wooyoung stared at him quietly waiting for an answer.

          "I love you too." He admitted. "At the beginning I just wanted to fool around. But, I realized you were different. You didn't treat me like a god, but I still felt like one when I was with you. I liked it when we were friends, but I found myself wanting more I guess." San whispered. Wooyoung smiled at him.

         "I'm happy, San." He said.

         With that, San closed the last spaces between them and captured Wooyoung's lips in a feather light kiss.

         Wooyoung's face was red, but he was smiling so widely.

        "Your face will crack if you smile that widely." San warned him in a joking tone. Wooyoung just scoffed, and then smiled a close lipped smile.

        San kissed him again, making him fall back onto the cot. Wooyoung's hands caressed san's cheeks as their lips fell into a rhythm, moving in sync against each other.

        It was like Wooyoung was made just for San as their bodies pressed closer together.

        He couldn't believe it had taken this long for them to find each other. The years San spent sleeping around with random mortals had never felt like this. He didn't expect Wooyoung to be any different than the others, but there they were. Tangled together, and San vowed that not even all the God's combined could take Wooyoung's precious smile away from him.

        "San," Wooyoung breathed, breathless.

        "You are my everything." He said as he cuddled up to the sun god and hugged him around the middle.

        "You are my sunshine." Wooyoung whispered. San chuckled.

        "No, Wooyoung. You are mine." He said.

        "But..." San paused. He knew Wooyoung probably knew this already, but he needed to say it himself.

       "I can't die. I'll live forever, and you, you won't. Are you okay with that?"

       "I don't care if you're a god. Even if I die, I can die happy knowing you were with me." Wooyoung said. San smiled, even as he was sad. Wooyoung would die someday, and San would be alone again.

        "I'll find a way, I'm not the smartest but I know I'll think of something." San promised Wooyoung. Even though he couldn't see it, San knew that the blonde had smiled.

        "I know you will." Wooyoung said.

        "My Sanshine."