Uno

"You're never going to win."

"I know."

"Good, this will be over soon."

"I'm glad you're enjoying this, but I feel like you're underestimating me."

"Uno."

"What? How?"

I sat in my therapist's office, playing uno and watching her beat me for the fourth time in a row. Man, I suck at Uno.

Celeste is incredible. She's extremely young for a therapist, only twenty-six, and can crush me at Uno or listen to me rant about Ira and the Horrible Hairs for an entire session. Not everyone is that skilled.

"You can never defeat the Uno master!"

"Lucky," I muttered bitterly.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over my victory."

"I said you're lucky!" I retorted sourly, "No one can play three draw-fours in a row unless they're a cheater or very lucky."

"Which one are you accusing me of?"

"Now that I think about it, you're a cheater." I smirked.

"Think harder."

"Nah."

"Want to play again?"

I thought for a moment. Did I want to try kicking her butt, or show her up at Chess?

"Let's play something I can win."

She gave me a warning look.

"You can't choose Chess. I don't even know how to play!"

"You know how to play, you're just bad."

"That was mean."

"A little bit."

"So, Uno again?"

We played Uno for the rest of he hour.

I didn't win a single game. I'm convinced she's a cheater.

Regardless, I still had to go home to cook for my sister. She earns the dough so that I can bake the bread.

Seriously, she is a goddess. Bailey works full-time and finished college just as our parents died, so at least she's working a job she wants. She gained the legal rights to custody over me about a month after she found her job. Now we live here, and she's raised me for only a couple years. There's nothing to complain about. She's fair and makes a great effort to keep things lively and in order, so it's not bad. It's just a little different that with Mom and Dad.

"How was your time with Celeste?" Bailey asked. I've come to realize she's exceptional at small talk, another quality I greatly appreciate.

"Not great."

"Oh, that bad? What happened?"

"It was bad for me, she crushed me at Uno."

Bailey laughed. She had also kicked my ass at Uno on multiple occasions.

"Don't laugh, I lost four games in a row!"

"No way. She was cheating, you can't win four in a row!"

"You beat me four times in a row once. Remember how mad I was?"

"I remember because I was cheating."

"Bailey!"

"I'm sorry, you were just so gullible."

We talked and laughed for the whole ride to our house. Some days we don't talk at all, but she usually had a rough time at work on silent days. Dealing with customers for computer repairs can be draining for her, but she says it's worth it.