"She's heartbroken," I told them. "She's sleeping now. I gave her the emergency medication, as you asked, but she's not taking Tao's leaving well. The only thing she said the entire time I was in there was to ask why everyone leaves her. She spent almost the entire time silent, facing the wall, holding the panda Tao gave her last month for her birthday. After she asked that, I couldn't leave her. I told her it's not the same as the accident. She can still call Tao, Kris, and Luhan and they love her still. Then I just held her and stroked her hair until she fell asleep."

"Did she cry? If she got too emotional it's bad for her heart," Yoongi asked, concerned.

"She didn't shed a single tear," I replied. "It's almost like she's shutting down in a sense. She even had a little bit of a distant look in her eyes when I picked her up and ultimately gave her the medication."

"Do you think she's in shock?" Jin asked.

"I don't think so," I answered. "I think, knowing what can happen if she gets too emotional and the fact that she knows Tao wouldn't want her to put herself in the hospital because of him, it's a defense mechanism to protect herself from the emotional fall-out."

"Wait, you mean she became semi-catatonic so she wouldn't cry and put a strain on her heart?" Kookie asked. 

"Maybe," I said. "I know that when my little sister is upset she kinda shuts down a bit because she doesn't want to be bothered. It's not this extreme, but she doesn't have to worry about the same kind of health issues that Ryu has to."

"I didn't know you have a little sister," Taehyung said in shock.

"I promised my parents I would do everything I could to protect her from the spotlight, the fans, everything that comes with my career," I told him. "She deserves a chance at a normal childhood. Which I know that Jin was trying to give Ryu until the accident. Unfortunately, things changed. Still, Ryu is doing well. She loves all of you. She just needs some time. If she doesn't talk in two days, take her to her therapists and tell them what happened. Maybe one of them can get her talking safely."

"Thank you, Hyung," Jin said, bowing to me.

"It was my pleasure. If I can help any other way, let me know," I said and I left to go back to the dorm. 

When I got there the guys wanted to know why BTS had asked me to come over. I explained about Ryu. They all looked worried. Lay and Chen in particular. Ryu had helped us as EXO-M smile again after Kris quit, and even after Luhan left. Knowing she was in pain and just not talking worried them as much as it did me. When I left the others, the two followed me to my room. 

"How is she really, Hyung?" Chen asked me.

"She needs time to process this," I told him. "She knows getting too emotional isn't good for her heart and that's why I think she's just clutching the panda and not talking. But I got worried when she asked why everyone leaves her."

"Ryu-ah asked you that?" Lay asked and I nodded. "We have to do something for her like she did for us without even realizing it."

"I agree. When she's doing better, I'll see if Jin will let the three of us do something special for her," I told them.

A week and a half later, Lay, Chen, and I were picking Ryu up from BTS. Jin gave us permission to take her out for a day. She was off from classes between semesters, so he was more willing to let her out for the day. We took her to a small hall, not telling her why. 

"What are we doing here, Oppas?" she asked, confused.

"You'll see, Ryu-ah," Lay told her, smiling at her.