2.3

You took the sun
With you when
You left

Her heart beats rapidly within her chest. She walks side by side with Clarke after exiting the elevator on one of the lower levels of the mountain. Her breath comes quicker as her feet move quickly beneath her, and the anxiety of what lies ahead. Clarke doesn't have a plan. She didn't say that, but it's clear to Valour as she glances at Clarke, who's eyes dart around with uncertainty.

"Alert. code 5". An automated voice sounds above sounding off an alarm, and lights that blare yellow around them.

Her and Clarke barley share a glance before their feet pick up underneath them, and they run down a hall littered with pipes of various sizes that protrude out of the cement walls.

"No a prisoner, huh"? Clarke mutters, though it seems to be more to herself, then Valour.

They slow as they come to the end of the hall, their eyes darting in search of any possible way out. But instead they find from both sides that men dressed in the mountains guards uniform welding guns, come at them.

They go straight, down another hall, that leads to a large space that goes off into different doors and halls. They dart past the beams spread around the area, the footsteps of their captors behind them. As they reach the end, a door with a red sign reading
'Restricted area'
comes into view, just like many of the others doors to the mountain, it holds a scanner. Valour opens her mouth to question how the hell they're going to get past it, when Clarke holds her hand to the scanner, in between her fingers is a card. It takes a few seconds, but it buzzes green, and click opens. The large metal door is opened by Clarke, and closes behind Valour as the dimness consumes them.

There's one narrow hall, if you could call it that. The walls are made of thick cement, with thin pipes that run along it, with very few lights to illuminate the area. To the right it continues on, and to the left, are stairs that lead upwards.

"Which way"? Valour asks as she tries to catch her breath momentarily.

Clarke's Eyes move left and right as she contemplates their next move.

"Up". She answers turning to the door, and the cords that are strung to it, pulling at them hard enough that the wire breaks, and sparks fly. Dismantling the electricity that allows the door to be opened.

And with that they run as fast as they can up the stairs . Valour's surprised with the endurance shes clearly built over the last few weeks, as she doesn't tire until they nearly reach the top. Something she knew she wouldn't have been able to do months prior.

The stairs lead to a short hall, which they jog down, coming to the end where a large vault like door sits to their left. They don't have to exchange words as they both runs towards it. Valour reaches the door first, gripping at the lever beside it. But it barley budges as she pulls down at it. Clarke gives it a try too, her brows furrowed in frustration as she to fails.

"Look"! Valour  points out the large wheel that sits in the middle of the circular door which they had surprisingly not noticed.

Her hands grip it, and with much more efficiency then the lever, it begins to turn, squeaking with the effort. After a few turns it clicks, and Clarke's hand grips the lever once again.