08

Be the reason Someone believes In the goodness Of people

Be the reason
Someone believes
In the goodness
Of people

The five of them sit under the tarp, using the weight of their bodies to keep out the deadly fog. Valour sits in between Jasper and Bellamy, Finn and Monroe across from her. They all breath heavily, silent as if waiting for the fog to find its way inside.

"How long are we supposed to wait"? Jasper whispers.

"will this even work"? Monroe asks.

"Well find out". Finn replies.

"No we won't". Bellamy carelessly lifts up the tarp. Fear fills Valour at his sudden decision. "There's no fog". He pokes his head outside. The cool air makes its way inside the tarp, no fog.

With confirmation the group removes the tarp from overhead, the air cool compared to the air trapped within the tarp.

"Maybe it was a false alarm"? Finn stands up.

Valour doesn't care why, simply happy that the grounders are gone, and she's out of the tarp. But her happiness is once again cut short as movement erupts beyond the trees. A single grounder walks alone, looking oblivious to the teens.

"They're coming back". Bellamy spots the grounder also.

"He's alone". She adds, the Forrest free of any other human movement.

"Now can we run"? Monroe whispers, the grounder seeming to grow closer.

"he doesn't see us. I'm going after him". Bellamy makes another rash decision.

"What's the use in that"? Valour asks lowly.

"Catch him". He answers. "Make him tell me where Octavia is. Then kill him".  Bellamy starts in his direction.

His words are bleak, and decided, it sends a shiver down her arms. Without hesitation she once again follows behind him.

"No more death". She catches up with Bellamy as the others start behind them.

Bellamy's Eyes move to hers, harsh and determined. "They have my sister, I'll kill a hundred of them if that means getting her back" he moves his eyes to the man, as they creep behind him.

"No". She repeats she too determined.

He lets out a low annoyed sigh, but before he says anything, she's pulled behind the trunk of a large tree. Her body is pushed into his, Bellamy's hand clasped over her wrist. After a few seconds he lets go, and she shakes her wrist free, her mind wandering to the many times Grey had grabbed her roughly by the wrist without remorse.