07

Half women half warrior Delicate and Strong

Delicate and
Strong

"Hey". Valour looks towards the thin boy. He looks a little beaten and shaken up, as his eyes seem to move like an animals, waiting to be attacked.

"Hi". He smiles lightly, the torch illuminating his face.

"I'm Valour". She holds out her hand.

"Jasper". He takes it, his hands clammy. "Sorry". He apologizes wiping his hands onto his pants.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sort of nervous too". She shrugs.

"Really? You don't seem nervous". He looks her over.

Truth is, she feels as terrified as the boy looks. They don't know anything about the grounders, are they people that would open their arms to strangers? Or see them as nothing but enemies?

From what she's heard, they've shown no signs to try and make peace between the two groups.

"Trust me, I'm terrified". She laughs.

The boy seems less jumpy as they continue to talk. She learns how he was struck by a spear on the day they were sent down, while crossing a lake. How he was basically hung up as bait by the grounders. His fear now makes more sense to her, though as they go on, he seems to grow even more calm. She decides she likes him a few minutes into their conversation. He's nice, and calm, and doesn't seem to care that Markus Kane is her dad. And when she asks about Wells, he tells her what happened. He thankfully doesn't seem to notice the tears that have once again gathered in her eyes as he goes on. The girl was a child name Charlotte, who was quite and kept to herself. She was no older then thirteen, and seemed to have night terrors. Jasper was the one who found Wells fingers, which disgusted her. The girl had cut off a few before slaying the boy. And in the end, ended it herself.

Their conversation comes to a halt as one of tbe boys calls out. "Look, over here"!

The group gathers around him, the ground below dropping drastically. "Right there, you see it? Isn't that Octavia's"?

Valour looks more closely, and hanging off a bush is a piece of fabric, out of place amongst the Forrest.

"Rope"! Bellamy orders.

"What are you doing"? Finn asks, coming up from behind Jasper and Valour.

"We need the rope to get back up". He answers.