02

That was her magic she  Could still see the Sunset even on The darkest Days

Could still see the
Sunset even on
The darkest
Days

Earth.

She'd dreamed of it more times then she could possibly count on her fingers. She'd imagined the way the wind would feel in her hair, the scent of air not created by a generator, the way grass would feel against the soles of her feet, but never would she think she'd ever experience it herself. The ark, and only the ark, from her first, to her last breath. Now Raven says she could possibly live out her dreams? This had to be a dream.

"What do you mean"? Valour raises her brow.

"I mean, I talked to Abby, and I secured you a spot on a century old spacecraft. But I think I could fix it up, enough to get us three to the ground". She says proudly.

Her words seem surreal, and at any minute Valour expects herself to wake up from a dream.  She finds herself pinching at the skin just below her wrist, waiting for her eyes to flutter open, and finding herself back in her living quarters.

Could she really go to earth? Could she really leave her dad, Grey, her internship, and everything she's ever known?

"I don't know Ray". Valour bites her inner cheek.

"What do you mean? Your going to turn down Earth. Earth"! She drags the last word out.

"Grey, my dad". She starts. "I have people. People I care about".

"Assholes. That's what you have. Your fathers a douche, and there's always going to be more boys". She winks playfully. "You can have a whole new life V".

Valour can't help but laugh. something Raven never fails to do. "Okay, but what about everyone else? What about my family"?

"If they think earth is survivable, they'll follow us down". She explains. "We just have to prove that it is. If we don't". She trials off, a dark look taking over her eyes. "They'll kill over 300 people to preserve  oxygen. That's why they sent the 100 down, that's why we need to go down too".

With the last statement, Valour knows that if she could help people, save people just like her mom, she would. Without another question she makes up her mind.

"When"? Valour asks with a determined look in her eyes.

"Seven days. I have seven days".

She had decided to go to Earth, and it filled her gut with pure excitement, mixed with fear, and guilt. What if Raven couldn't fix the ship on time? What if they are forced to execute 300 people? What if they can't send a signal on time, and people still die. The thoughts rack her mind, but she knows one thing for sure; she's not going to spend the rest of the time she has on the ark with Grey.

Inhaling deeply, she knocks firmly on his door, trying to come up with the words she's going to say. She's spent too long fearing him, and the whole going to Earth thing has seemed to make her feel close to untouchable, even to him. Shes ready to let rid herself of the parasite that is Grey Alden.

"Hey". He says blankly, leaving the door open for her to walk through. "What"?

"Can we talk"? She asks shutting the door behind her.

"Obviously, we already are". He rolls his eyes, taking a seat in front of his desk.

She shakes her head, feeling stupid for asking the question in the first place. A feeling he knows how to bring out all too well.

"Yeah, um. I think we should break up". She says the words quickly before she can back out.

Her whole body tenses as the words past her lips, waiting for the reaction she knows will come.

"Hmm"? He raises a brow, his attention now fully on her.

"Us. I don't see a future for us". She continues.

He leans back in his chair, his thumb tracing  his chin over and over, as if deep in thought.

"We're great together Val, we aren't breaking up". He laughs forcefully.

The laugh is hollow, and sends shivers down her spine. She's dreamed of this moment for what feels like forever, and now here it is, and she can barley allow words to escape her lips.

"No Grey". She finally manages. She turns the knob behind her ready to leave him and the drowning relationship

He stands up quickly, practically jumping from the chair, sending it backwards to hit the wall. Without even thinking about it she backs up until she can feel the cool metal of the door against the fabric of her shirt. He towers over her like she's a child, helpless to the man who's not only larger then her in mass, but height too.

"No"? He asks, as if it were truly a question. As if she doesn't have any say in the relationship that is supposed to consist of more than one person.

Valour's heart seems to race within her chest, her eyes focused on the floor, as if she's getting lectured. She can feel the sting of tears in her eyes, and tries her best to blink them away.

"Yes". Her voice is barley above a whisper.

His hand is cold against her wrist, rough and strong, and a feeling she's quite familiar with. A feeling that makes her stomach churn uncomfortably, and her body turn into what feels like stone.

"We are great together Valour, don't try and ruin it". His breath is hot against her neck, and she can't help the tears that well in her eyes.

The fear and uncertainty she feels around him has taken so much out of her. Draining energy from her body as she waits for his hand to wrap around her arm, or her chin, or the nasty words  and names he seems to enjoy saying to her. She prepares for it, which sickens her. Sickens her that she allows him to have so much control over her life. Yet here she is, the feeling of being invincibility completely shattered. She can only bring herself to nod.

His hand finds its way to her chin, forcing her eyes to meet his. Cold, hard,careless , ones, sending fear throughout her very being.

"We are meant to be". He says slowly and quietly. "Say it".

"We're meant  to be".

Her eyes are glasses over, and distant. He'd taken so much from her, and nobody knew. Not Grey himself, her father, Raven. She was alone in this. Stuck with a man who never listens to a single thing she has to say. Stuck.
•••

This is super short, but I want to get it out as quickly as I could. What are your thoughts on Grey?