away from Coastalina

Start from the beginning

   "No! Mother, help me!" I shouted

"Goodbye, my little princess." She called.

          Then I was carried away.

   I was shoved into a chair and had a restraint put on me, strapping me to the seat.

   "Stay there, Princess." Said Liam

   "No! I want to stay and help fight! I can do it, I promise. I can help keep our planet beautiful and war free."

   "I'm sorry princess. You cannot."

    I glared at my guardian and Liam who were sitting in the front of the ship getting ready to take off. Liam saw me and chuckled lightly. "I'm sorry princess but you're sixteen. You need to understand what's at stake."

   "Shut your mouth foolish worrier. You don't know what you're getting into."

   He raised an eyebrow and turned back to the control board. After a while I heard the engine start. The ship moved and I looked back. My family was waving goodbye. Something inside me told me this would be the last time I saw most of them. I cried as we left Coastalina.    

                           "Goodbye." I whispered

  "We are approaching a planet. I'm looking up its title. It looks like it's called earth."

   "I believe it's pronounced erth."

   "I don't care if it's earth or erth. We are here. Take a look, princess."

    I glanced out the window. This planet seemed to be covered in blue and there was only less than half in green. "It kinda looks like our planet. But it's so big. And it's covered in blue."

"I think you will like it there, Princess." Said my guardian

"We're entering the atmosphere. I need your help Kent."

   Hmm... so Kent is my guardian's name. Usually the royal family has no idea what their guardians name was. They just knew that they were there to serve us. Now that I think about it I guess that is kinda rude.

    I could feel the ship getting hotter as we got closer to the ground.

   "Nine thousand feet. Eight thousand, seven thousand, six thousand. We're coming in too fast! Pull up. Pull up!"       

   Kent was shouting at Liam. "Two hundred feet!" 

   He shot out of his chair and picked up Liam and I and flung us both over his shoulders. He ran to the door and jumped out and away.

   We hit the ground and rolled into a ditch just as our ship hit the ground and exploded. I stared at it, my mouth wide open. He had saved us.

   wait! What about 29007? Then I saw it hover out toward us. It landed next to us and turned into one of our form but older. More like forty-five.

   "Hello. I am glad you are all alright." It said

   I sat up in the dirt. "What do we do now?" I was surprised when my voice came out sounding like a scared little girl.

   "Don't be frightened, princess. First we will survey our surroundings. Let find a place to spend the night and we will observe this culture in the morning." Said Liam

   He put his arm around my shoulders and I pulled away.

"Don't touch me."

   He looked around urgently. "Shh. Be quiet." He was tense. I saw Kent tense up too.

"What are you two...?"

"Shh!"

    I put my hands on my hips. "Don't tell me to shh! I am..."

   Liam and Kent leapt at me at the same time and knocked us all to the ground. I was about to protest when a huge piece of machinery burst through the trees. I knew it was called a tank from lessons on this planet from my space class at school. It barely missed us and was heading for our destroyed ship. "We need to go." Whispered Liam

   He picked me up and we crept into the trees nearest us. Then we ran. I easily kept ahead of them. Running was one of my talents. I stopped in a clearing when I got tired.

"We will stay here tonight." I commanded

    Liam and Kent pulled me to the ground. "Sleep between us tonight. We must keep you safe until we can start to fit in here." They lay down and put me in between them.

"Absolutely not! Don't touch me ever."

"But princess..."

   "No!" I crawled away from them and lay down in the grass near a tree. My nature powers made me feel safe here. The two boys were looking at me trying to decide if they should follow me or not. Liam got up and climbed the tree I was next to. He perched above me. "There." He said

I felt even safer now and I slowly let myself drift off to sleep. Of course, dreams tortured me.

   I was startled awake and looked around. Everything didn't seem the same as how I'd left it the night before.    

   Liam wasn't in the tree and Kent wasn't there either. I saw some sort of light in the trees near me moving.

    It staggered into the clearing and I got a good look at it. The helmet thing was like a bug or a lizard but it was hard to see in the dim light of the moon. Its eyes glowed red and it made a terrible sound. Like a gurgle and roar mixed into one.

   I screamed and tried to run but it wasn't fast enough. I didn't seem to be gaining any ground at all. It caught me and I tumbled to the ground.

   "Ha, ha, ha. I caught you princess. You know we'll get you and you will perish along with your planet. You will not survive and we won't leave any corner of the universe unsearched until we find you. You will die."

   I jerked upright in the grass. I had been crying in my sleep and I wiped away my silent tears.

   When I looked around I noticed Liam wasn't in the tree anymore. He was next to a different tree a little ways away.

   I crawled over to him and laid down so he was next to me. I fell asleep now feeling safer than ever.

   I wish I was home.

Liam, 16 pov

   I felt Tara cuddle up to me in the middle of the night. She must have had a bad dream. I don't blame her. I put my arm around her and felt her relax. She knew she was safe.

   We both drifted back off to sleep.

Vote, comment, fan! Tell me if you like it!