"I didn't want you to get worried. I would  have told you in sometime." I tried to voice  out.

"Gwen I know, it's difficult for you to talk  about him. But I would have liked to know.  You know what that snake tried to do last  time." Dave's concerned voice I heard.   

"It took you so long to forget that incident. You looked so broken, I don't want to see  you like that again."

I tightened my arms  around my blazer as I remembered those dark days. No Gwen don't go there, you tried so hard to  suppress those memories don't go there  again.

"I'm sorry Dave." I said sadly.

"Hey don't apologise, okay you held me  back from punching the asshole that day."  Dave said with a strange look in his eye.  That look meant someone was in for it, call  for a coffin cause Dave wants to punch  someone. For the record Dave is the most calm person I know, if he wants to use  violence, you better l run.

"Listen to me carefully Gwen, you left  Adam get away with everything he did, you  were not in the right state of mind that  time. Now you have him and the  opportunity, make the best use of it. Show him what you are, show him the new you.  Leave him exactly where he made them  leave you, with nothing. Do me a favour  and ruin him."

*************

"You  look  good."  I  heard  Dave  say.  I  gave  him  a cheeky  smile  and    straightened  end  of  my  dress.  It was  a dark blue  knee  length  dress  with  spaghetti straps.  It  took  me  extra  time  to  curl  the  ends  of  my hair  and  with  a  smoky  eye  look.  I'm  normally  not that  kind  of  girl  who  is  obsessed  over  her  looks. But  I  like  to  dress  up.  There's  nothing  wrong  with  a girl  who  dresses  up  and  kicks  butt.

"I  always  look  good."  I  said  making  my  voice  deep.

I  dumped  my  phone  and  clutch  into  Dave's hands  and  strapped  up  my  heels.  I  wobbled  a  bit, trying  to  balance  myself  on  them  and  not  have  an epic  face plant.

Today  Dave  and  I  were attending  a  dinner  party  of one  of  my business  partners.  Normally  I  wouldn't want  to  attend  silly  excuses  for  rich  snobbish people  to  bitch  over  each  other,  but  we  could  not pass  up  an opportunity  to  make  enemies  at  this point.

Dave  discreetly  tried  to  pull  the  car  keys  out  of  my clutch,  I  swatted  at  his  hand.  No  one  touches  my black  Porsche  other  than  me.  He  did  make  the mistake  of  taking  it  out,  and  almost  wrapped  it around  a  tree,  I  almost  had  tears  seeing  the condition  of  my  poor  car.

"I'm  driving."  I  said  eyes  narrowed. Dave  sighed  dramatically  and  put  his  hands  up  in surrender.  I smiled  triumphantly.  It  feels  nice  to  get your  way.

"Now  we reached,  I'm  telling  you  no  drinking,  no sassy  comments,  and  absolutely  no  beating  up people."  Dave  said  eyes  narrowed. I  jutted  my  bottom  lip  out  and  made  my  eyes  wide, trying  to  look  innocent.

  "Ouch  you  hurt  me  Dave,  I'm a  sweet  person,  you  keep  accusing  me  of  beating people  up."

Dave  snorted  in  disbelief  he  and  I  obviously  knew I'm  nothing  but  sweet  and  I  took  great  dedication  in beating  people  up,  that  is  if  they  deserve  it.

Both  of  us  made it  into  the  party  and  lingered around  greeting  people  and  every  time  I  picked  up a  wine  glass  Dave  would  glare  at  me.  Don't  get  him wrong  he doesn't  mind  me drinking,  just  concerned that  he  cannot  handle  me  once  I'm  drunk.

Drunk  Gwen  is  a  whole  new  mood.

"Fancy  seeing  you  here."  I  heard  a  deep  husky voice,  only  one  person's  voice  has  that  kind  of effect  on  me,  so  that  must  be

"Chris,  surprised  to  see  you  here."  Dave  said flashing  him  a  grin,  and  shook  their  hands. Chris  had  always  looked  nice,  but  today  in  a  tux he  was a whole new story,  The black  tux  made his gray  eyes  look  even  more  amazing  and  the  way  his gaze  swept  over  every  inch  of  my  face  made  my cheeks  burn,  and  shiver.

"You  look  beautiful."  He  said. I  smiled  like  a  lunatic  at  that,  people  often  did compliment  my  looks  but  when  he did  it,  it  made me feel  real.  Okay  Gwen  you  know,  your  good looking,  hold  your  chin  up  and  look  him  in  the  eye.

"Thanks."  I  said.

"I  see  your  still  alive."  He  joked  clearly  he remembers  the  earlier  incident  of  Dave  grilling  me. Cue  the  embarrassment,  let  the  ground  open  up and  swallow  me whole.

"Please  I  can  handle  Dave."  I  answered  briskly.

"You  should  try  the  wine,  it's  great."  Chris  said passing  me  flute of wine  from  a  waiter.  Before  I  could reach  for  it, Dave  swatted  at  my  hand.  Gosh  I  was  so close, when did  he come back.  My  wine no come back. I  muttered  a  few  choice  words,  at  Dave  which he  cleverly  chose  to  ignore.  You  wait  I'll  get  my payback  soon.

You  were  gonna  take  revenge  on  Chris  too,  see  how that  turned  out. Ahh my subconscious,  give  me  a  chance  to  miss you.

"Chris  hold  her  back,  in  case  she  tries  to  get violent."  Dave  said  seriously,  he  was  acting  like  my prison  guard  slash  tormentor.  He  was  looking  in the  other  direction,  I  followed  his  sight  and  what  I saw  made my nostrils  flare,  and ball my  fists  up.

Adam Rian was coming towards  us,  with  a  blonde girl.  The  girl  looked  gorgeous,  a  red  dress  reached up  to  her  knees  and  her  black  almond  shaped  eyes would  definitely  turn  a  few  heads,  the  question  is why  is  she  with  him  of  all  people.

"Gwen,  Dave  how  I  miss  my  childhood  friends." Adam fake laughed  and  put  his  hand  out  for  a handshake.

  None  of  us  returned  the  gesture,  so  he awkwardly  coughed  and  took  his  hand  back.

"Oh  Adam,  I  wish  we could  say  we missed  you too. But  you  know  it's  bad  to  tell  lies."  I  said  in  a  sweet voice.  Be  scared  when  I  smile,  because  it  means  I have  the  upper  hand. The  blonde  next  to  him  burst  out  laughing  and  tried to  cover  up  like  was  coughing.

I  looked  at  her curiously,  the  way  she  kept  glaring  at  everyone  and everything  it  was  clear  it  was  the  last  place  she wanted  to  be,  so  what  was  she doing  with  him  of all  people.

"Gwen  meet  my fiance Emma."  Adam said looking at  the  blonde,  warning  her  not  to  step  out  of  line. Fiance  him,  the  girl  must  be  a  robot,  otherwise  why would  she  agree  to  marry  him.

"Emma what?"  Chris  asked  causing  me  to  jump  up, clearly  I  was  so  engrossed  in  my  own  thoughts  that I  had  forgotten  he  was  standing  next  to  me.

"Emma Caron."  The  blonde  said.

********************
Next update will be Tuesday.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

What do you think about Dave?

What new twist will Emma bring to the story?

Can you describe Gwen in one word?

Please vote and comment.