After disaster strikes.

NANAMI'S POV:

'How is she?'
'She has mild chakra exhaustion, she should be  fine after some rest.'

I heard voices while I was asleep. Too tired to open my eyes I continued to sleep.

*TIME SKIP*

My eyes slowly opened and the first thing I noticed was the ceiling lights. I was inside a hospital room.

"Are you awake now?" Kakashi asked.

"..what happened?"
"We managed to sort things out with the sand village, and our council is in great panic about the absence of a hokage at the moment due to the third hokage passing away." He informed.

Ah.
I couldn't save him.

"Someone's been waiting outside for a while now, I'll let them come in to visit you." Kakashi said as he walked out.

The door clicked and someone walked in.

"..Gaara? Are you okay?" I asked.

"You should be worrying about yourself rather than me." He said in a monotone voice.

"I heard you were the one who stopped me from causing further damage. Thank you." He said shyly.

"Ah! No no it's fine! I'm glad you're safe that's all!" I smiled.

"Why go so far for me? You and I don't know each other, as far as I know I'm just a stranger in your eyes. You could've helped kill me rather than try to save me." He stated.

Ah shit I can't tell him I know him because I watched him in the anime!

"You remind me of my friend Naruto, he's just like you. That's why I felt the urge to save you, to me you are not a stranger in my eyes. I want to become your friend." I said.
Although I couldn't tell him the truth at least I know this much that what I just said was true.

"..You want me to be your friend?" He said.

"Yes." I smiled gently.

"NANAMIIII!!!" The door slammed open and revealed Naruto, Sakura and even Sasuke barging in clearly worried about me.

"We heard you woke up and immediately came over to visit!" Sakura said.

"I'm fine! Gosh you guys are making it sound like I was stuck in a coma, I only had some mild chakra exhaustion!" I laughed.

"Well then, I should make my way out." Gaara stated.

"What's going to happen to your village? Who's going to become the next kazekage?" I asked before he left.

He turned back and said, "They'll have to nominate someone."

"Bye, Nanami." He said shyly.
I grinned. Cute panda.
"Bye bye panda! Be safe on your way back!"

"That guy... I hope he's ok, he's just like me." Naruto said.
"I'm sure he'll be fine!" I assured Naruto.

"Thank you guys for coming to visit me!" I thanked them three.

At that moment someone knocked on the door.
A nurse walked in.
"Nanami Hatake, you are allowed to be discharged now! Congrats!" She said.

"Let's all go to Ichiraku ramen to celebrate!" Naruto said.

I nodded even though I wasn't in the mood to celebrate.

When everyone was eating ramen I brought up the third hokage.
"..When's his funeral?" I asked.

Everyone went silent.
"Tomorrow." Sakura said.

Naruto's expression darkened.
"That old geezer.."

Everyone could see that on the inside Naruto was deeply hurt.
"It's my fault. I should've saved him." I said.
"Nanami.. you tried your best, don't blame yourself." Sakura comforted.

"She's right." Sasuke agreed with Sakura for the first time and rather it was the first word he had spoken today.

After this I need to think about what to do.
Sasuke will soon leave the village which is inevitable, Naruto will go train for 3 years and Sakura will train under Tsunade. And during that time...
My sensei ryuzaki.
After all this chaos I haven't had the chance to speak to her and ask for an explanation.

I sighed.

Everyone waved goodbye as it was already evening.
As Sasuke turned to leave I quickly caught up to him.

"Sasuke, we need to discuss something." I said.

".." he nodded.
We went to the training grounds.
"..You're planning to leave aren't you?" I revealed.
"-You" his eyes widened.
"I won't tell anyone, not even Naruto." I said.
"..Why?" He asked.

"I won't stop you, if you believe strength is the right choice, Naruto will prove you wrong. I'm sure of it, not only Naruto but those around you." I calmly stated.

"I will be sure to avenge my brother." He said seriously and left.

If only he knew.
After he left someone swooshed in.
"Ah!" I said startled.

"..Ryuzaki?!" I shouted.
"Shh!! I'm not meant to be here you should know very well I'm undercover right now."

"Since you're here, why don't you explain?"

To be continued...