The Start Of The Games Was Down To Dye. Pink Dye.

Zaid-

"WOMENFOLK OF THIS HOUSE, GET YOUR BACKSIDES DOWN HERE NOW!!" I shouted up the stairs.

This is the last straw now, this is the last goddamn straw!

One by one each of my 7 younger sisters came running down into the living room wondering what the chaos was about.

When they noticed my now pink hair they began to shake with laughter.

"It's not funny you little rats! When I find out which one of you did this, oh I swear! Revenge shall be mine!" I yelled.

A few snorts of laughter and giggles could still be heard around the room when I turned my back towards them.

"Is that all Bhai Jaan? We have nails to paint" my sister Zareen coughed out. By the small little smile playing on her face I knew who my poor hair's culprit was. I really should have known before, she was the prankster of our group.

"No. I want you to listen to a decision that I've made. You girls are getting out of hand. Just because our parents aren't around anymore does not mean that you get to mess around like you do! Hair straightners are left anywhere and everywhere, make up and perfume wrecking the house, clothes spilled all over the place. You know I nearly impaled my foot on one of your stupid hijab pins! I'm not taking it anymore-"

"You won't send us to them Bhai Jaan will you? Please! We're sorry" my youngest sister Nusrah begged. As uncool as it might be for me to admit this, I think my heart defrosted a little at her cuteness. Who knew a 12 year old could have so much impact on a grown man like me?

"I'm not sending you there Nusrah. I wouldn't ever do that" I said going down to her level by sitting on my knees.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise" I said doing our special handshake with her.

"Okay, as I was saying -Nusrah go stand back in line- I'm not really here to notice what mischief you lot are up tzzo-"

"So you're hiring a hot babysitter?" Ateefa asked hopefully, her eyes shining brightly at the prospect.

"NO! Actually I'm getting married. I've looked at some prospective brides and I'm going to meet them all soon. After I find the one, I'm going to marry her and she will keep you all in order" I said hastily trying to avoid anymore interruptions.

"No Bhai Jaan! You can't do that."

"What if she's horrible?"

"Please reconsider Bhai Jaan!"

All around me protests erupted.

"WAIT!! SHUT IT YOU LOT!! Are you trying to tell me Bhai Jaan, that you're trying to get rid of one problem e.g. Girls by adding one more girl into this house. Wait you're not gay are you?" Tahlibah the oldest of the sisters asked.

"I told you he was gay" I heard Fakhirah hiss to Zareen.

"I'm not gay! Look, I know what you're trying to do but it won't work this time!" I warned.

"At least let us pick a girl for you Bhai Jaan!" Haleemah said with an innocent voice.

"Yeah! Considering we'll have to put up with her more than you, we should at least decide who she is!" Saarah piped up.

"No! She will be my life partner so I get to choose. That would be like me choosing your husbands for you" I grinned knowing their reactions.

I looked at the line of my sisters. Each had a sour face filled with disbelief and horror when I mentioned looking for a boy for them.

Yeah, suck on that lemon girls.

I walked away feeling in control for the first time since they had been placed in my custody.

..................

Tahlibah-

"We can't let him do this" Ateefa whispered after Bhai Jaan had left.

"I know, he'll probably bring back some troll to try to mother us" I shuddered in disgust.

"Yeah but what can we do about it?" said Haleemah.

"Well we can't stop him from marrying. We just need to control exactly who it is he marries" I pointed out.

"True, you know I always imagined Bhai Jaan marrying a perfect woman" Zareen dreamily said.

"Yeah but what exactly is a perfect woman? For Bhai Jaan anyway?" Haleemah asked.

"Probably a troll" Ateefa snorted to which we all let out a laugh. Bhai Jaan seriously did have issues with girls.

"Well I think she'd have to be loyal first of all" I put in.

"Empathetic" Ateefa added with thought.

"Hmm, she has to have a good sense of humour" Zareen added.

"Ooh don't forget elegance!" Fakhirah said excitedly.

"Shh!" We all said to her simultaneously.

"Bhai Jaan's upstairs! What do you think Saraah?" I asked.

"She has to be kind" Saarah answered.

"Patient like water" Haleemah added.

"I think she has to be helpful" Nusrah finished off.

"Yeah right. As if Bhai Jaan will look for all those qualities in a girl. He'll probably just get the first one he sees and be like 'oh a girl! I like those'" Ateefa scoffed.

She was right. Bhai Jaan could be stupid at times.

And that's when a brilliant idea hits me.

"Unless we pick the girls for him" I say slyly.

"Are you stupid Tahlibah? He specifically said that we don't get to choose" Zareen said to me.

"Unless we choose sneakily" I suggested. When I was met with questioning glances I decided to come out with my plan.

"Look girls. Bhai Jaan is going to meet these girls right? We'll just follow him to each meeting and see if the girl of the day is suitable for him! If the girl doesn't meet even one criteria, then we'll scare her off after. It's simple!" I announced.

After much thought, Zareen was the first to answer.

"I'm in."

"Yeah okay."

"Fine."

"Why not?"

One by one each of the girls followed me and Zareen.

This was the start of The Wife Games.

..................

Hello Sweets!

I've started this new book in hopes of making you laugh, considering how much I've made some of you cry with my other books!

Enjoy!

JaberaRahman

This chapter goes to IAmACaticorn , my frouple and partner in crime who was forced to make the amazing cover of this book! Ily Catty!