27 the camp

authors note : I am really extremely sorry for neglecting this story so much, I constantly lose motivation, but everytime someone comments, I decide to continue a little more (you have no idea how big of an impact they make) I'll be more consistent in updating. I'm sorry! Thank you for your patience!

—————

Shit! Toothpaste! I forgot toothpaste!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as she ran back towards her dorm bed.

"I'll just lend you mine!" I said as I continued walking dragging my luggage.

"Oh yeah," She giggled sheepishly, picking up her bags and running up to walk beside me.

"We're going to be late!" We had to meet at the carpark, and a bus would bring us to the site.

I could hear Sana's laugh from the end of the staircase.

A smile appeared uncontrollably across my face.

I walked to the group of people, pretending not to notice her.

I could feel her eyes on me. I loved it.

"Everyone's here?" Irene asked before bringing us to the bus.

Sana was seated at the front, as usual, and I was with Chaeyoung and a few other girls around my age.

We were causing a ruckus at the back, I joined in the loud singing and yelling, hoping she'd hear me.

Because I was desperate like that.

I pretended to stand up to look out the window, stealing glances of her seat but all I could see was the top of her head.

Everyone rushed down the bus excitedly.

Though I could surely say I was the most excited.

"Before you all rush into the exact venue, I'll read out your groupings! You are to sit with your group later!"

And then came another wish, among hundreds, to be with Sana.

"Seodan, Yerin, Baekhyun, Sana, Jeongheyok," She smiled, looking at all of them.

"Group two," She pointed towards a corner for them to gather.

Words couldn't describe how disappointed I was.

"Oh! And Kim Dahyun!"

I giggled excitedly, jumping and giving Chaeyoung a goodbye wave.

Did I make it too obvious?

"We're in the same team!" I rushed to Sana, gently grabbing her shoulders.

It was my first time doing so.

And in the least weird way possible, it felt so good.

"I can tell you're very excited about it," She laughed, patting me on the head.

Like she always did.

That's how we ended up walking to the venue together, laughing side by side.

I loved it like that. I loved it so, so much.

We sat within our groups, and I was certain by then, that Sana and I would be glued to each other the whole camp.

Empty name tags and different coloured markers were given out to every group.

"I have ugly handwriting," I said, trying to sound as pitiful as I could.

"Will you write my name for me?" I handed my name tag to her.