3 another

The other teams were winning by more than a double digit score.

People that got eliminated were on the sidelines cheering, I adored everyones enthusiasm.

Different names being constantly shouted at, people clapping and whistling, yet all I could hear was Sana giggling.

She was talking to Mina at the corner, she didn't look one bit interested in the game.

Understandable, she must feel too old for this. Most people here were around my age as well, except

Mina.

After inspecting her awhile longer, I concluded that she was another Japanese student.

Mina must've made a really funny joke, because I couldn't stop hearing Sana's giggle.

I loved listening to it, her happiness.

But it somehow irritated me that it wasn't me making her laugh.

"Kim Dahyun! Go catch your flag!"

Chaeyoung's yell shook me from my stoning.

She got eliminated for scolding the opponent. Some of her trash talk went... too far.

I looked over and saw a boy holding my flag.

I looked over to my other teammates,

Sana and Mina...

"Sana! Our flag!" I wanted our team to win. Or at least that was the lie I told myself.

I just wanted Sana to take her attention away from Mina and possibly direct it to me.

Sana turned her head and saw me chasing the boy.

In a span of two seconds, she was running beside me,  both of us chasing as fast as we could.

I got ahold of his collar and Sana grabbed his arm.

I didn't even bother glancing up at his face until I snatched the flag.

"You got me!" He said which made me finally look up.

"S-seokjin?" Sana stammered.

"Sana!" They both started laughing and I...

just felt like a third wheeler.

Sana must've noticed my puzzled face because after that, she put her hand around my neck.

"This is Dahyun, my kid,"

Not mother-daughter kind of kid. She meant baby-sitter kind of kid.

Somehow I wasn't offended.

What else should I have been called anyway?

A friend?

Like an idiot, I smiled.

I was hers.

"Hi Dahyun!"

Seokjin was friendly, he lifted up his hand to shake mine.

"H-hi,"

I gave an awkward smile.

"Seokjin and I were friends in middle school, he was one of the only people that spoke to me even though I was older than all of them,"

Seokjin was my age?

He must've read my mind somehow.

"I'm twenty three," he laughed.

"Nineteen," I forced another smile.

A piercing sound of the whistle being blown was heard.

Thank God.

The awkwardness was finally broken.

I wasn't excited to hear the yells of that woman again, but right now, I would much prefer her voice over my awkward chuckles.

"This is a game zone! If you want to chat, go to a cafe after the activities!" She shouted.

It startled all of us.

Seokjin raised his hands in defeat and went to the sidelines, continuing to cheer his team on.

"Sorry I got distracted just now, let's win this," She tried to calmly say it but I could sense strong determination from her voice.

Her enthusiasm despite playing with dozens of kids. It was cute.

She ran back to hide her flag as I followed her.

Several people would come and try to take our flag but she violently shooed them off.

--

"Last two minutes! Steal the flags you want and end this game!" The woman demanded.

I was in no way interested in this game until I saw Sana being so excited about it. I wanted to join her.

I wanted her and I to have something in common.

I could make myself enthusiastic in games.