"Truce?"

Important note after the chapter :)) Enjoy!
P.S.: Didn't proof read ✌🏻️

~~~

— MICH —

       Three weeks had passed and still, ganon pa rin ang cycle ng buhay namin. Every morning we have family breakfast and then we go to school, while Mommy and Babba goes to work. That's the usual schedule. And until we go home, almost the same things happen. Nakakasawa na. Pagka-uwi naman namin from school, maaabutan namin silang nag-aaway sa gabi. They bicker so much that you wouldn't think that they're married. All they do is fight. Minsan nga hindi na kami nakakatulog sa gabi. Ako 'tong naii-stress.

       Today is Sunday, family fun day, yay! And the usual pupunta kami sa morning mass tapos kakain kami sa resto after. When the mass ended, dumeretso kami sa isang resto near BGC. I've never been here before and I'm pretty sure neither does my sisters. Maybe friend nila Mommy yung owner o 'di kaya may investment sila dito.

       The restaurant's vibe is pretty chill and chic. It's very cozy. I really like it. Kudos to whoever owns the place.

"Table for six, please." Mommy said once the receptionist greeted us.

"Reservation for?" the lady politely asked.

"It's under the name Valdez." Babba answered with a smile.

"Follow me na lang po, ma'am," and the lady lead us into a secluded corner. "Table number 10, just as you requested po."

"Thank you." our parents said in unison, and then the kind lady gave us the menu before leaving.

       As we get comfortable in our seats, the receptionist-lady came back to take our order, and left again after. We started chatting about random things that families usually talk about, and of course, hindi nagpahuli ang kambal. Sila talaga kasi ang madaldal kapag nagbo-bond kami as a family.

       As the twins were animatedly telling a story about the time Bea was hit by a volleyball, courtesy of Jhoana. Our parents seems to be having a lot of laughs at how the twins portrayed how Bea got knocked out by Jho, which by the way was top tier.

       I was laughing along when I noticed something weird about how our parents have been behaving today. I'm just not sure if may tinatago sila or paranoid lang ako.

"Uhm, anyway," Babba started, trying to break the silence. "May sasabihin kami sa inyo," she cleared her throat.

"You're gonna stop fighting?"

"You're pregnant?"

"You're gonna stop killing each other?"

       Bea, Felicia, and Deanna asked all at once. I chuckled, looking at our parents, intrigued.

"What is it po ba?" I asked patiently.

Babba looks at Mommy, seeking for help,"well, your Babba is going away for awhile."

None of us spoke, Babba dryly coughs, "kasi I have a business trip to attend to, and it'll just be a few weeks. Mabilis lang, two- three weeks max." she hesitantly smiles.

       I looked at my sisters', trying to get their reaction to this sudden announcement. I sighed, hoping that they'll take this well. Maybe this is good for Mommy, para naman makapag pahinga sila from each other, and hopefully everything works out soon.