CHAPTER 18: It's Getting Hot In Here

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'; min-height: 15.0px}

I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me

CHAPTER 18: It's Getting Hot In Here 

I groaned and sat up. I hit the off button on the bedside clock and sighed. Tuesday mornings aren't at the top of my favorite list but, eh. I kicked the blankets off and looked at Amy, she was still asleep. I walked over to my duffle bag and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a black shirt that hugged my curves. I took a towel and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, did everything I needed to do and went to the living room to wait for Tala to come. While waiting, I drank a quick cup if tea and had a piece of toast. Weird, I know.

*

"Hayles, wait up!" I heard someone shout from behind me. I turned around and saw Ethan jogging up to me. "Hey," I greeted him when he reached me. "Hey. You don't sound too good," he said and I shrugged. He frowned and hugged me with one arm. "What's up?" he asked when he pulled away. "Nothing really. I just don't feel like being happy right now," I said an he nodded. "Well, you know what that means..." he trailed off and looked at me evilly. "What?" I asked with a confused look on my face. He smirked and the next thing he does was poke me in the side. I let out a loud laugh and it echoed off the halls. Students all around us turned to look. I smiled at them, embarrassed. When most of them looked away, I smacked Eth's arm and glared at him playfully. "Eth, no! You know I'm ticklish," I hissed at him, only loud enough for the two of us to hear. "It brought a smile to your face," he pointed out and smirked at me. "Yeah, thanks," I said and distanced myself from him so he couldn't tickle me. We walked all the way to class like that.

We walked in Mr. Smith's class and when I saw him, I grinned. "Hey, Mr. Smith!" I greeted cheerfully and he laughed. "Good morning, Ms. Moore," he replied and I stuck my tongue out at him. The only person who seemed to notice our exchange was Ethan and he didn't seem to like it. We walked to the  back of the class. "I like gummy bears," I stated and sat down beside Ethan in the back row. "I'll make sure to buy you some later then," he said and smiled at me. "Kay!" I exclaimed and crossed my legs. Because of him, I was in a much better mood. "Hayley, you have tutorial with me after school," Mr. Smith reminded me from the front of the classroom and I nodded at him. I turned to look at Ethan and he was glaring at nothing in particular. "Hey," I said softly and tugged his arm. He turned to me, still glaring but his eyes softened when they landed on mine. "What's wrong?" I asked and he shrugged. "Okay! So, today..." Mr. Smith started the class. 

He started a new lesson on some formula thing and by the end of the class, I only understood it partially. Oh, well. I'd just ask Mr. Smith later. Speaking of him, I haven't actually been with him for a while. Ethan and I were walking to our next class normally; with the talking, joking, teasing and everything.

**********

"And she totally fell off the bike!" Ethan shouted and burst into laughter. He was telling me about this time when him, Ethan and their cousin went biking. I laughed along and slapped his arm. "Why does your life have to be so dang funny?" I cried. 

"Piggy back ride!" I jumped onto his back. I squealed and he shook with laughter. "Get your heavy butt off of me!" he joked and poked my stomach. I accidentally let go of the grip that I had on him and let my legs fall off his waist from being tickled. I fell back and threw my arms out in an attempt to hold on to something but all I caught was a handful of air. I hit the ground with a loud thud and having almost not fat at all didn't protect my bones from getting hurt. We were in the parking lot walking to his car. I laughed hysterically despite the pain in my back. "Oh, shit! Hayles, I'm so sorry!" he shouted and dropped down beside me. "Are you okay?" he asked but I couldn't answer. I was laughing so hard to hide the pain. "I saw what happened. Hayley, are you alright?" I heard a deep voice. I stopped laughing and looked up. Justin was hovering above me, his eyes full of worry boring into mine. "Uh..." I mumbled intelligently, not knowing what to say. "Did she hit her head when she fell?" he asked Ethan and Ethan glared at him. "I don't know, I had my back to her. If you actually did see what happened, you would have known that," he spat. I  shut my eyes. I was beyond confused. Why did Ethan change whenever we were around Justin? "Hayley, are you okay? Did you hit your head?" he asked me. "No..." I said and tried to sit up. My back ached in protest and I groaned. "Here, I'll help you up," Ethan said and took hold of my arm gently and pulled me up. While pushing myself off the ground, someone else took hold of my other arm and helped me too. "Thanks," I said to them both and they nodded. "You alright?" Justin asked and examined me worriedly. "Yeah," I said and started to dust of my back. Ethan started helping me but Justin instantly glared at him. What? Him too?

"Hayley, I'll give you a ride. We're going  to the same place anyway," Justin said and I nodded. I looked around and saw that the parking lot was empty except for Ethan's and Justin's car. Were we here that long? Justin took my hand and started pulling me away. I turned my head around and saw Ethan walking slowly to his car. "Wait, I called out and both of them stopped to turn to me. I reluctantly let go of Justin's hand and skipped to Ethan. When I reached him, I tried to give him the tightest hug I could manage but being the weak person I am, I bet it was just like a normal hug to him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you," I whispered and kissed his cheek. "Love you too," he said and gave me a squeeze. We pulled away and we were both smiling. "See you tomorrow," I said and he nodded. He gave me as small wave before we both walked away. When I reached Justin, he was glaring in Ethan's direction. "Let's go," I said and took his hand, sparks shot through mine. I started walking but Justin prevented me from going anywhere. I looked back and he was still in the same position as before. It was like he was stuck to the ground. "Justin," I called and he shook his head. "Yeah, let's go," he said, finally back on Earth. 

We drove back to the apartment and headed to my room. Tala answered the door with a bored look on her face. "Hey!" she greeted as her face lifted. I chuckled and responded with a simple 'Hi'. "She's asleep," she informed me and I nodded. "Tala, Justin. Justin, Tala," I said and gestured to them when I said their names like I did with Seth and Ethan. "Hi," he said and smiled at her. "Hi," she replied kindly and then turned to me. "Can I go now?" she asked and I nodded. "Okay, thanks! Bye," she said and picked up her stuff. She patted my shoulder and gave Justin a smile before leaving. When we were alone, or almost alone, we sat down on the couch. He looked pretty uncomfortable. "What's up?" I asked as I turned to him. "I'm just gonna say this. Look, I don't like the way Ethan looks at you," he said and looked away. My eye brows knit together in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask and move closer to him. When he sees this, he took my hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. Automatically, sparks shot through it. "Well, he looks at you like…never mind," he says and starts drawing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. My breathing picked up at the feeling and I had to distract myself. "A-are you jealous?" I asked shakily. He looked at me and his eyes widened. "N-no!" he said too quickly. I smirk came onto my face and he looked away. "Let's just start the tutoring," he said and I gave in. 

I took out my notebook and textbook from my backpack and set it down on the coffee table in front of it. "So, do you understand the new lesson? Can you do the work on your own?" he asked and I looked at him. "I think so," I said and he nodded. "Okay, try and do them first and I'll help you if you need help," he says and I nod. Instead of sitting on the couch beside him, I sit on the floor in between his legs while he sits on the couch. "Why are you sitting like that?" he asks, looking down on me. "It's easier," I lie and smile up at him. "Sure, if you say so," he says and gives me a smug smile. I roll my eyes and start working on the homework. On the fifth number, Justin stopped my hands and I look up at him with a confused look on my face. "You're doing it wrong," he says and I can feel his hot breath on my face. "O-oh," I say. He takes the pencil out of my hand and starts to erase what I wrote with an eraser. He started to write down the correct way while explaining it to me. I wasn't really paying attention, I was staring at him and he didn't even notice. "Do you understand now?" he asked me and I nod. He looks down at me and chuckles. "You weren't even listening, were you?" he accuses and I blink. "Huh? No! I was listening," I returned and looked down at the paper. His writing was incredibly neat next to mine. I couldn't understand a thing. "Oh, yeah? Try the next number then," he says and smirks at me. I snatched the pencil out of his hand and read the problem. I read over it about 3 times before I gave up. "Fine, you caught me. I wasn't paying attention," I admit and my shoulders slump. He chuckles and patted my head. "You are too cute," he says and I glared at him playfully. "You're my boyfriend! You're supposed to be helping me," I almost shouted. He raised an eyebrow at me. "I did help you. You weren't listening," he says and my cheeks burn. "Oh, right," I said under my breath and he laughed.  

__________ 

I wanted to make it longer but I didn't know what else to say :(

Hope you're happy with this 'cause I uploaded it when I said I'd upload this next month. :P Well, yeah.

Ethan = 4

Justin = 0

:( I'm getting less feedback. 

Oh, well. I'm gladly saying that Ethan is slowly fighting his way into this! :D  

VOTE, COMMENT, BECOME A FAN AND EVERYTHING! :D

Thanks! :D Less than three! <3