CHAPTER 42 : The Start?

I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me 

CHAPTER 42: The Start?

I woke up to the feel off fingers running through my hair. I opened my eyes and looked up. Hayley was awake and her green eyes were captivating. 

"Hi, you," she whispered, her voice hoarse. 

"Hey, you're up. I'll get you some water," I said, straightening up. My arm was really sorry but I didn't want her to know.

"No, it's fine," she said, putting her hand on my arm. 

I smiled at her and she gave me a weak smile. I looked back to see Elli sleeping on the bed. 

"Elli," I called and he immediately opened his eyes. 

"Hayles," he said, sitting up. I looked back at her and she was smiling at him.

"I'll go get mom," he said. He patted Hayley's cheek quickly before he left. 

"How's your shoulder?" Hayley asked, bringing my attention to her again. 

"My shoulder? Babe, that doesn't matter. How are you?" 

A small giggle left her mouth and it made me smile. She gave my hand a squeeze and looked to me.

"A little sore but I'm fine."

"Really? I'll ask mom to do something about that," I said, standing up.

"No, Eth, wait," she said, tugging on my hand. I looked down at her gave her a questioning look. Was something else hurting?

"Just stay with me, please," she begged and I felt a blow to my chest. I didn't know what she was doing to me but it was unbelievable. 

"Yeah, of course," I said and sat back down. I took her hand in mine and kissed it. "I love you." 

"I love you too." 

We just sat there talking while waiting for Elli. I told her about how Taylor came and how I told him everything. She didn't mind at all. It almost seemed like she was happy about it. After a while, Elli, mom and the doctor came in. 

"How are you doing, Hayley?" doctor asked. 

"I've been better," she slightly giggled. 

"We'll, we're gonna do some tests to see if there's something we can do about that. How's your back?" 

"It's a bit sore." 

"Oh, we'll try to do something about that." 

The doctor moved to the bottom of the bed with mom and they lifted the blanket. Mom started touching Hayley's legs and feet. 

"Can you feel that?" mom asked.

Hayley nodded and I gave mom a nod when she raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Okay, that's good. Now, can you move your toes for us?"

"Okay, very good. Did you feel any pain?" 

"Just a bit of soreness." 

"Oh, we'll do something about that but right now, you're doing really good. Seems like nothing's wrong." 

That's all it took for me to stop holding my breath. I was so happy that Hayley was alright. 

Mom and did some more tests before leaving. Elli stayed with us and he sat down on the sofa. My shoulder was really starting to be bother me and I looked back at Elli to give him a pained look. 

"Come on," he said, standing up. When it got to medical things, he became really professional. 

"Will you be okay by yourself? We'll be right back," I said to Hayley.