CHAPTER 4 : Bottled Water and Nurses

I Didn't Know I Loved Him (Until He Showed Me)

CHAPTER 4 : Bottled Water and Nurses

"Huh?" I said and looked around when someone shook my awake. Ethan was sitting down beside me while Elliot was towering me.

"Dad said that you said that you fainted today," Ethan said, it sounded like he was scolding me.

"Yeah," I said quietly and prayed to God that they didn't hear.

"Why didn't you tell me?" they both said at the same time. I swear, these two were like twins except Elliot looked older, he was taller and his green eyes were lighter and brighter than Ethan's.

"First, Ethan, you didn't ask. Second, Elliot, when I got here, I was too tired to answer your questions," I said.

They both opened their mouthes to speak but then closed it instantly when they realized I made a point. I smirked and closed my eyes again. I was starting to fall asleep again when someone started speaking.

"How are you now?" Ethan asked. I groaned and then said, "I'm awesome."

"Seriously, how are you?" Elliot asked this time. I sighed and opened my eyes.

"I really don't know," I said sat up. My head didn't spin which was good and I didn't have a headache anymore.

"Time for dinner," Aunt Anna screamed from downstairs. My eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, what time is it?" I asked and jumped out of bed. My head started throbbing and spinning at the same time and I felt like I was gonna fall. Before I could touch the ground, two pairs of strong arms caught me.

"Shit, are you okay?" Ethan asked.

"Ah, no?" I said and fell out of the boy's arms. I fell to the ground and shut my eyes. I groaned and grabbed my head to stop it from turning and throbbing at the same time.

"Hayles, what's wrong?" Elliot asked and I just groaned in answer.

"MOM! DAD!" Ethan screamed and I groaned again. I brought my knees up to my chest and whimpered as a wave of pain hit me.

"Shhh..." Elliot cooed as he stroked my cheek and my whimpers grew quiet. The pain lessened. Elliot was like the BEST big brother in the world. I heard loud foot steps then the sound of a door opening.

"What happened?" Anna's warm voice filled my ears.

"She stood up and then she fell down?" Ethan said, trying to form a coherent sentence.

"Elli, get water," Keith said and I groaned again. I opened my eyes and everyone was spinning.

"How are you feeling?" Anna asked softly as she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Stop spinning," I said and she looked at me worriedly.

"What should we do?" Ethan asked, sounding desperate.

"This is probably because she's still dehydrated," Keith said and I groaned.

"I need to get home," I said and groaned. The pain lessened but everyone was still spinning.

"Honey, you need to stay here tonight. We've already told your mom," Anna said and I nodded. Elli came back to the room with a glass of water in one hand and a bottle in the other.

"Here," he said and offered me the glass. I sat up and leaned on Ethan for support. I took the glass of water and finished it in a few gulps. I reached out for the bottled water and Elli instantly gave it to me. I finished it in a matter of seconds and then asked for more. Why the heck am I so thirsty?