CHAPTER 36: Peace Of Mind (Part 2)

I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me 

CHAPTER 36: Peace Of Mind

Part 2

The drive to the town where the fair was took around 45 minutes. When we got there, the fair had just opened up. Ethan and I headed straight to the carts selling food since we were both hungry. Ethan bought us some cotton candy, pop corn and candy apples before we rode any rides. It wasn't something people would do before going on roller coasters but we could help it. We first rode the biggest roller coaster in the fair and we almost didn't ride it because Ethan was worried that it wouldn't be good for me. It took a lot of begging him to finally get him to let me go on the ride. It was incredibly fun. I couldn't help but scream and laugh at the same time. Eth saw how happy I was and didn't let me choose which things we would do next. I picked a game where we had to knock down some pins to win a stuffed toy. With my amazing coordination, I only managed to knock down 1 out of 6 pins. "Ethan, this game stinks! Let's go somewhere else," I pouted. He looked down at me and kissed my nose. "Wait a minute," he said. He walked up to the guy who was managing the game and paid to have another go. The guy gave him 3 balls and Ethan only had to throw one of them to get all the pins down. "That's not fair! You're a football player!" I cried playfully and he chuckled. He was about to say something when the guy stopped him. "Pick anything from the top shelf," he said and gestured to the many different stuffed toys. "The big, pink teddy bear, please," Eth said. I looked up at the shelf and found what he asked for. It was a cute, huge teddy bear with light pink, fluffy fur. The guy took it down and handed it to Ethan. "Thanks," he said to the guy. The guy nodded and said, "Enjoy the rest of your night here." Ethan turned around and held the bear out for me. "Really?" I asked him. "Yup, I won it for you," he said and shoved the bear in my hands. I took it and squished it. "Aw, thanks!" I said and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him. 

After that, we went back to the car to leave the bear inside so we could play some more games. We played some more games and went on many rides. It was amazing. The smell of sweets, the sound of people having fun and the whole feel of the fair just made me feel great. "You're tired, we should head home now," Eth said worriedly when I told him I needed to sit down because my legs couldn't stand anymore. We had found a bench and Eth made me sit down straight away. "No, it's okay. I just need to rest a little bit. Please don't let this ruin the night," I explained and pulled him down to sit next to me. "Are you sure?" he asked and put a hand on my lap. "Yeah, I'm sure," I sighed. His constant worrying was annoying but at the same time really sweet. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. "Are you having fun?" he asked me. I nodded my head and looked up at him. He was looking around us, seeing if we there were any rides that we haven't went on. "Oh! The ferris wheel, we haven't been on that," Ethan said after a while. I looked at where he was looking and nodded "Yeah, we should go on it now and I kind of  want to go home now, I'm really tired all of a sudden," I said quietly. He chuckled and let go of me. "Let's go now," he said and pulled us up. I stumbled a bit and he steadied me. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked, studying me. "Yes, now, let's go!" I said excitedly. I pulled him to the ferris wheel and thankfully, there wasn't a line so we didn't have to wait. We got into a car immediately and we started going up. It was amazing, I could see most of the rides from up there and I could hear the people on the ground having the time of their live. Most of all, I just felt free. I felt as if nothing could bother me, or us. I was only thinking about Ethan and being with him. He held me tightly, keeping me far from the edge. 

"Relax a little, there's nothing to worry about. Just enjoy this," I said to him and kissed his neck. He sighed and kissed my forehead. "Sorry, I'm just sc-," he cut himself off and I looked up at him curiously. "What?" I said. I thought I saw his cheeks turn a light shade of red. "I was j-just saying that I was scared that uhm, we would fall or something," I rushed out. My eyebrows knitted together and I looked at him weirdly. "Eth, are you scared of heights?" I asked him. His cheeks turned a deeper red and he scoffed. "Scared of heights? What? No!" he said too quickly. "Oh, my gosh. Ethan Parker, you are afraid of heights!" I shrieked. "Shut up," he muttered and looked away. I smirked. "Aw, you're blushing!" I cried and touched his cheeks. He scowled at me and I laughed at him. "Fine, I'm scared of heights. Are you happy now?" he grumbled. I chuckled and took his hand in mine. "It's nothing to be embarrassed about, Eth," I told him, squeezing his hand for reassurance. "Really?" he asked and turned his head to look at me. "Yup," I said, popping the 'p'. "If you say so," he breathed. He leaned back in the seat, seeming more relaxed but I knew he was still a bit tense. "How come I never knew about this until now?" I asked him. He shrugged. "I didn't want you to know 'cause I thought you'd think I was a coward," he admitted. I giggled and smacked his arm. "Don't be silly, Eth. You know I'd never see you as a chicken," I said. And it was true, no matter what, he would always be my knight in shining armor. Even if he was afraid of something as small as heights. 

*

After we rode the ferris wheel, Ethan and I left the fair. We were driving down the road but not the way back to our town. "Where are we going?" I asked him. He glanced at me and smiled. "It's a another surprise," he said with a small grin. I shook my head at him. "You're always full of surprise, Eth. I'm afraid that someday I might not be able to keep up with you," I joked, turning up the radio a bit. "Well then, I guess I'll just have to help you," he said with a smirk. I listened to some songs and mostly sat in peace as Ethan drove us to whatever place he had planned next. It was only when Ethan drove off the road and onto a dirt path that I got really curious as to where we were going. "You're not gonna kill me, are you?" I asked with a fake terrified expression. "Babe, I love you. No, I am not going to kill you. We're almost there, just wait. I promise that you'll love it," he said. I sat back in my seat and sighed. Everything about him I loved. "I love you too," I muttered with a smile on my face. When the trees started to thin, I could see that we were not that far away from the fair. He stopped the car and I could finally see where we were. We were on a cliff that overlooked the fair. He hopped out the car and ran to my side before I could open my door. He opened it for me and held his hand out for me. I took it and he pulled me out. I stood a fair distance from the edge and took in a deep breath. It was beyond beautiful. The bright lights and the sounds that filled the air was just so lively that I thought it felt like a dream. I heard Ethan open the other doors of his car and I turned around. He pulled out a blanket and turned up the radio of that car so we could hear it from outside. "Come here," he said. I walked over to him as he sat down on the hood of the car. He pulled me down and I sat in front of him. The wind blew and a shiver ran down my spine. Ethan wrapped the blanket around us and he wrapped his arms around me. "Thanks," I said, feeling his warmth against my back. He sighed in content. I turned my head to look at him and said, "This is beautiful." "Yeah, but not as beautiful as you," he whispered in my ear. Another shiver ran down my spine but not from the cold breeze. 

"I love you, Hayley Moore, and I need you more than I need to breathe," he said. I was at a loss for words. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. He laughed. "You don't have to say anything," he said and kissed me. When he pulled away, he looked at the fair. "Look there," he told me and pointed to somewhere in the air. I did and in a few seconds, fireworks shot through the night sky and sprayed over the darkness, filling the night with stars. I gasped. It made the night even more beautiful. "I wanted to to show you the fireworks display but it looks way better from up here," Ethan said quietly, as if not to disturb the sounds of the fireworks. I smiled and melted into his chest. "I love you, Ethan Parker, and I need you more than I need water," I said with a giggled. I turned my head to look at his expression and he was looking at me. I was so captivated by his beautiful green eyes that I forgot all about the fireworks display in front of us. He leaned in and I met him half way. Our lips crashed and I felt so much more passion and love in that one kiss than all the others. The fireworks in me, matched the fireworks in the sky. I didn't know why this kiss was so different but I didn't mind. It was so perfect and I knew that I would never forget that moment. 

__________

Not edited. 

:)))

Please vote, comment and become a fan! Thankyouu! 

Less than three! <3