CHAPTER 33: Sleeping Beauty and Her Prince

I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me 

CHAPTER 33: Sleeping Beauty and Her Prince 

[A month later] 

"Take a step, just try. Don't worry. I'll catch you, I promise." I looked up at Ethan and saw that he had his arms stretched out, prepared to catch me if I fell. I loosened my grip on the bars that I was holding onto and put all the weight in my legs. For the past month, Ethan's family has been helping me with physical therapy. Thankfully, it went by really quick and in one month, I was able to regain the feeling in my legs and I could stand again. The only thing I needed to do now was walk again. I looked into Ethan's green eyes and saw the hope in them. It was the same hope I've been seeing this past month. Ethan' knows that I can do it. He knows that I can walk again. He knows I'm strong enough and he believes in me. The only problem is, I don't believe in myself. I've been trying so hard and everyone's been helping me but sometimes, I just can't do it. Nobody's given up, not yet. and that's what's been pushing me to try harder. I slowly let go of the bars on both sides of me and took a step forward. I was able to stand up on my own for about 2 seconds before my legs gave out from under me and I fell into Ethan's waiting arms. "You did it!" he exclaimed with a huge smile before helping me hold onto the bars again. "No, I didn't," I sighed. "What are you talking about? That was great," he said and cupped my face in his warm hands. I gave him a small smile and he kissed my forehead. "It'll get easier," he encourages me and I nod.

 "Can I try again?" I asked and he grinned even bigger that it looked like it hurt. "Of course," he says and steps back a bit. And naturally, he holds his arms out. I gave him a thankful smile and then focus back on walking. I put my whole weight in feet and let go of the bars. I take a step forward and wait to see if my legs would give out but they didn't. I tried the other foot and I made it another step before I fell again. Ethan's arms didn't fail to catch me and I laughed as I fell into them. "I did it!" I squealed and I let out a cry of relief. I flung my arms around Ethan and I could feel tears begging to fall out. I buried my head in the crook of Eth's neck and let the tears flow freely. He squeezed me slightly and then pulled back. I looked up at him and he frowned when he saw my tears. "What's wrong?" he asked as he wiped away the tears with his thumb. "Nothing, I'm so happy. I did it, Eth, I did it," I said breathlessly. He chuckled and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss but before I could react, he pulled back. I pouted and he laughs. "Okay, we should go soon before we get carried away," he told me with a laugh. I grinned at him but shook my head. "No, I wanna keep trying," I said and he gives me an unsure look. "Are you sure? We can just try again tomorrow. You don't have to wear yourself out," he said. "No, I want to, Eth. Really," I told him and he sighs. "Okay, fine," he finally gives in and let's me keep going. 

After around 15 minutes, I couldn't even stand up anymore. All the practicing was exhausting. I wrap my arms around Ethan's neck and he pulls me up. He walks over to my wheelchair and helps me sit down. Sometimes it's Elliot who comes with me to physical therapy, sometimes Aunt Anna, and sometimes even Seth and Leah but most of the time, it's Ethan who comes with me. "You tired?" he asked me, while he pushed me down the hall to the room. "Exhausted," I breathe out and he laughed. "I told you we could've continued it tomorrow," he said and I shrugged. "I know, but the more practice, the faster I'll get better," I said and smile up at him. He puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it slightly. When we get to the room, he stops my wheelchair right beside my bed and starts to help me up but I shook my head. "I'll do it myself. Go shut the door," I said and he nodded reluctantly. I put my hands on the edge of the bed and put my feet on the cold floor. I pulled my body up got on the bed. I sighed and fell into the pillows. "I did it!" I cried and laughed at the same time. Ethan came into my line of vision and he smiled at me. "You did," he said and leant down to kiss my forehead.