CHAPTER 58: Greetings

I Didn't Know I Loved Him (Until He Showed Me) 

CHAPTER 58: Greetings

I was excited. No, I was ecstatic. It was a few days before the wedding and even though there was still so much that needed to be done, I was too happy to be worried about it. Leah didn't know it but I had called her mom and asked her to come to the wedding. At first she was hesitant but now she was happy to hear about it. She said would also try to get Leah's dad to come too. 

I was almost 5 months pregnant now and my bump was getting bigger. It was actually noticeable through my clothes now. Ethan and I couldn't be any happier. We were already decorating the nursery with a girly theme. Pink walls with flowers and cute little furniture. I couldn't explain the feeling I had but it was fantastic. 

We were going to have a dinner at Seth's house with Seth, Leah and Amy, Eth's family, Justin and Paul and of course, Leah's parents. Leah and Amy were moving in with Seth after the wedding and the honeymoon. I was so excited but at the same time, I was nervous. Leah had no idea about her parents coming and I was scared how she was going to react. I hoped that she was going to take it nicely. 

Before we headed over to Seth' house, Eth and I went to the airport to pick Leah's parents, John and Meredith, up. I was dressed in a loose, pink top that didn't show off my stomach too much and a pair of jeans. It wasn't the most comfortable thing for me but I wanted to look good for the occasion. 

Eth and I waited anxiously, well, I waited anxiously, for Leah's parents to come out of the airport. Their airplane was supposed to have landed 20 minutes ago and they weren't out yet. It didn't take that long to get their baggages did it. Did they back out? Where they even coming? 

"Hey," Eth said, coming up from behind me. He put his arms around me and I sighed. 

"Don't worry, they'll be here," he assured me. I nodded but I didn't quite believe in it. 

"Try to calm down for the baby, okay?" He rubbed my stomach and I put my hands over his as I nodded.

We waited for another 10 minutes and they still weren't out yet. The dinner was going to start soon. I was starting to get real worried. Even though Leah didn't know about it, I knew she'd be disappointed if she found out about it. I was just about to tell Eth that we should get going when someone called my name. 

"Hayley!" 

I turned around and saw a woman that resembled Leah a lot coming towards me. She was dressed like a socialite and I was surprised. I knew Leah's parents had money but I didn't know they were rich. 

"Meredith?" 

She nodded and dropped her bags to hug me. That was when I looked behind her and saw a man dressed formally. He didn't look anything like Leah but I could tell it was her dad because of his hair. They were just like Leah's. He looked really nervous and almost scared. 

"Hi!" I greeted as we pulled away. "I was starting to get worried that you weren't coming!"

"Oh, no," Meredith laughed. "I'm so sorry. We had trouble finding all our bags." 

"Meredith, this is Ethan," I said taking Eth's arm.

"Ah, Ethan!" She was such a happy person. "It's nice to finally meet you both. This is John, my husband." John stepped forward and shook hands with us as he mumbled a quiet hello. 

"We should get going, the dinner is going to start soon," I told them.

 They agreed and we started leaving. Eth and John started loading their bags in the trunk of Eth's car. I was just about to get in the car when Meredith pulled me aside.