Chapter 7

I stared out the car window, looking at every house and shop that we passed in Detroit. I’ve never really been here before, not even on tour.

Marshall was sitting beside me, mumbling some rap lyrics and bobbing his head up and down to the time of the music playing through his headphones. He leant over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled back to him.

 The car we were in pulled up to a huge mansion on top of a slight hill, which was Marshall’s place.

It was a nice greyish whitish colour with a water fountain in front. Typical rich guy kinda house!

“Well, here we are sweetie. This is my home!” He said, unbuckling his seat belt.

“Wow! This house is amazing! Or is it a mansion?!” I exclaimed. “Yep, it’s a mansion alright. It cost me quite a bit but I don’t live on my own” He said as we both got out of the car.

“Who do you live with then?” I asked. He opened the boot to the car and got out our bags. He then walked to the driver and thanked him before he answered my question.

“Well, I live with my two dogs, Sammy and Jessie” He said as we walked.

“ And also my friends like Dr Dre and all them stay a lot.”

“Well that’s cool” I said.

“I also used to live here with my ex-wife, but we divorced 2 months ago and she moved” He said sadly.

I could see the disappointment on his face.

“Im sorry” I said to him, patting his back gently.

“Do you have any kids?” I asked.

“Well, we were going to adopt a child a month before we broke up, and then we didn’t”

~~~~~~
Marshall’s P.O.V

 I showed Miranda around my house, or should I say mansion, and she seemed to be interested most in my home recording studio.

“Wow! How much did this spend? Do you ever record here?” She asked me when we entered the studio.

“Yeah I do a lot. When Dre comes here we like to write lyrics and kinda mess around!” I told her.

She smiled at me at for a split second we made eye contact.

I leant over to her and gave her quick kiss and she giggled.

 Miranda and I spent the next few weeks together in my house and in Detroit.

We both confirmed that she would be living with me now, and she sold her house in California.

When we had to do shows, or fly somewhere do go to a special event, we usually went our separate ways with our managers.

I showed her all the places I loved in Detroit, and we even went to the old house I used to live in when I was a kid.

It just amazes me to think how much I’ve grown since then!