He First Realizes His Love For You

Thanks papercallmepaper12 !!

Todoroki's POV

I sat at my desk across from YN. She was a transferred student who didn't have a lot of friends. It was mainly Yaoyorozu, Ashido, and Uraraka that would hang out with her. I wanted to confront her but there was no way I'd have the guts to talk to her.

"Hey, Todoroki?? Hello? Earth to Shoto!!" Kirishima said next to me. I snapped out of my trance. "You ok?" Kirishima asked after getting my attention. "Oh. Uh, yeah. I'm fine." I said quickly. "Who ya lookin at?" He teased. "Nobody." I said, hiding my red face. "Woah there, Todoroki. You looking at YN!? Awww are you in love~" he called. "Sh-Shut up!" I said, elbowing him.

But that was the truth. I did love her. She was kind, caring, brave, confident, and oh so beautiful. When I was just in the same room as her, my heart would race. Maybe I could try talking to her. Just maybe.

Class ended and YN was alone, packing up. "Hey." I said. "Oh! H-Hey Todoroki!" She said with her natural smile. "So, how are you?" She asked. "Oh! U-Um. I'm fine. You?" I asked. "I'm great!! I gotta go though. I'm supposed to make dinner this week. See you tomorrow!" She smiled. "Yeah....see you tomorrow." I said.

I got home and looked on Instagram. She had posted some recent photos from a photo shoot her friend did for her. She was so stunning. I tapped on her contact and called her.

"Hello?" She asked. "Hey. Sorry it's late. I just need to talk to you." I said. "Oh, it's no problem! Are you ok?" She asked. "Yeah. Um....I had a question for you....or something to say..." I corrected. "What's up?" She asked.

"I-I'm....I'm kind of in love with you...." I said. "Shoto. Not gonna lie, I was going to tell you first thing tomorrow but you beat me to it! I love you too!!" She beamed from the other side of the call. "So...Want to be my girlfriend..?" I asked shyly. "Of course, Todoroki!!" She beamed again. "Alright. I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow." I said. "Ok! Love you!" She said. "I-I love y-you t-too." I said before hanging up.

"Shoto! Dinner's ready! Hurry up!!" Fuyumi shouted. "Ok, coming!" I yelled as I took another look at her picture.

I couldn't believe that YN was mine.

I was silent for most of dinner, trying to hurry it. I got up after finishing and put my dishes in the sink. "Shoto, what's the rush?" Fuyumi called out. "It's nothing. I'm just tired." I said. "You smiling says other wise." She said. I didn't even notice I was smiling. "Ok, fine. I had a good day today, ok?" I asked. "Whatever you say, lover boy. Don't think I didn't hear your call." She said as I walked to my room.

I laid down and found a few pictures of her, screenshot them and put them in my hidden photos. I then shut my phone off and went to bed early.

The next morning, I got ready and texted her.

(Key: Todoroki YN)

Hey YN.
Hey! What's up!?
So, when should our first date be?
Hm....I'll check my schedule and get back with you tomorrow. Is that ok?
Yeah. I'll catch you then. Sleep well.
You too. Love you!
Love you too<3

-The next day-

I walked into my home room with YN. "So, how does that schedule look?" I asked. "Oh! Yeah!! Are you free tonight!?" She asked. I nodded. "Is tonight a good time or should we wait?" She asked. "Tonight's just fine." I said, slowly grabbing her hand. She was shocked but took my hand anyway. I smiled softly and she did too.

We went separate ways to our seats and smiled at each other.

Life was good with her in it.

Word count:664