Chapter 18

A/N: Since there have been quite some comments from people who don't know what White day is and think it has something to do with skin color, I thought I'd clarify.

White day is the counterpart of Valentine in Japan. On Valentine girls get boys gifts and on White day, boys return the favor. If you want more details, you can look it up on Wikipedia.

---

It was a rainy afternoon and you found yourself in the post-office waiting for your turn.

You had the form that the mailman left you yesterday in your hands and were sitting on a bench. There were 5 people before you so it took about 20 minutes before it finally was your turn.

You walked up to the counter and handed the lady the slip of paper and your id. She checked the form with your id and then got up, telling you : "Please wait just a moment."

She then made her way to a room to the side. When she opened the door you could see a bunch of shelves holding boxes big and small and in a plethora of colors.

She returned quite quickly and handed you your package. "Please sign here." She requested and when you did she asked you : "Will that be all?"

You nodded, took the box from the counter and left.

You spent the way home thinking about how fast your ordered had shipped and that you would definitely buy from that website again.

The only 'complaint' you had was that the box they used seemed to be a bit too big for the item you bought, but that hardly counted as a downside.

When you got back home you quickly put your backpack away and sat down at your little dining table with your package. You took a knife when you didn't immediately get the packing tape off.

When the flaps finally came loose you opened them and looked inside. You raised an eyebrow in confusion and for the first time you looked at the sender information on the label stuck to the side of the box.

--- Two weeks earlier.

"Say Wakatoshi, you do know it's March, right?" Tendou's voice cut through the silence in the room.

"Of course." Ushijima replied without looking away from the book he was currently studying from. 

Tendou sat up straight in his bunk, putting this week's Shounen Jump down next to him. "I was just thinking that maybe this year you could buy some gifts for White Day?"

"Why?" Ushijima asked uninterested, still trying hard to focus on his study material.

"Well, I know you get tons of gifts for Valentine, you know from your 'fans' and such." Tendou knew that very well, he was the one who ate most of the chocolates his friend brought home from college on Valentine's day. "But since they are just your fans, there are so many of them and you're not really interested in them it's only common sense that you don't get them anything in return."

"Right." Ushijima had given up trying to keep his attention on his studies for now, figuring that the quickest way to shut Tendou up was to let him say what he wanted to say.

"But Wakatoshi, this year was different, no? Is there not a single person you might want to get something in return for their own gift?" Tendou watched Ushijima's face as he puzzled the pieces together and slowly nodded.

"It's the proper thing to do." He stared at nothing for a little while and then turned to Tendou. "I have no idea what to get her though."

A wide grin appeared on Tendou's face. "You've been talking a lot right? You must be able to think of something she said she likes. Or get her something cute, all girls like cute stuff right?"