𝟬𝟳. tidal waves

Start from the beginning

     The first person that came to his mind when the blackout happened was Aurora despite being with Dick in the control room. After he settled everything with the old Robin, his nimble feet immediately led him to her bedroom. He found her sitting on the bed, her knees to her chest with her arms wrapped around them and her face buried.

     The sound of his footsteps made her look up from her position and a relieved expression washed over her face although it couldn't quite be seen in the darkness of the room. The boy crawled onto the bed and sat next to her, curling one leg up on the mattress with the other touching the floor.

    Her first instinct was to scoot closer and Gar immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders, letting her bury her face in his chest. He placed his chin above her head and closed his eyes. In each other's arms, it felt more like they were trying to desperately tell each other that everything was going to be fine.

    Aurora could only hope so. But right now, fine was not what she felt.

    It didn't take long before the old Titans finally came back after checking out the cause of the blackout. Turned out, they didn't catch Dr. Light━which kind of amused Jason because he thought he could've done it without blinking. That part didn't even concern Aurora. All she cared about was that they were fine and nobody got hurt. They can always find the villain another time.

    Aurora frowned when Jason came up close to Dick's face from anger. She stood between Gar━who took off his jacket and now left with a striped green and white shirt━and Rachel who looked a little frustrated. She was startled when Jason slapped a hand on the older man's chest to make him stop walking away, which made the teenagers tense up.

    "Get out of my way," Dick said calmly.

     "I think you got it all wrong." Jason pushed him by the chest but the man didn't even budge. "You're in my way."

    At this point, Aurora felt like someone needed to intervene. She looked around, only to find the others looking away, crossing their arms or looking completely unsure. Her jaw clenched ever so slightly. They should've known by now that Jason has a terrible temper but they just fail to understand why and how to deal with it the right way.

    "Maybe you need to see a retirement package, huh?" Jason spat, his words filled with sarcasm and malice. He slowly glanced black at them, his eyes briefly making eye contact with hers. 

    Aurora knew what was about to happen as her eyes landed on his clenched fist. Even Dick knew. She pursed her lips and slightly shook her head at Jason to warn him. The boy gritted his teeth. At that moment, she knew he had made up his stubborn mind.

    "Don't," Dick muttered.

     Jason did anyway. He didn't listen to him and tried to punch his face, which was a huge failure. Dick was quick, stronger, and more experienced, and he didn't deflect him instead he grabbed the boy by the back of his head and slammed his body over the floor without even crouching.

    Aurora cursed, looking at them like they were crazy. "Guys!"

    Then again, Jason should've known better than to make Dick snap that it comes to this point. Dick cursed under his breath after he realized what he did. He quickly offered him a hand to help him stand back up, but Jason only glared at him and slapped his hand away as he stood up by himself.

     Jason didn't say anything further to the older man but she could feel his seething anger from where she stood. The tension was thick in the kitchen. Nobody spoke a word. With one last glare, he purposely bumped against his shoulder and marched away from them, burning with humiliation and fury.