𝟭𝟮. begin again

CHAPTER TWELVE
we go where nobody knows

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐂learly, the two teenagers didn't expect the 'naked guy down the hall' also known as Conner to wake up right about now. They didn't even hear him coming. Well... Other than the fact Aurora and Gar were too caught up in their 'smooching' moment. Either way, they should've at least heard his footsteps or something.

     "Hi."

    Gar almost jumped in his seat at Conner's voice as he turned around to look at him. Aurora did, too, which was a big mistake. Instantly, Gar grabbed her arms and pulled her towards him, burying her face on his shoulder so she couldn't see anything else. The cologne that stuck in his shirt wafted through her nose.

     "Gar," Aurora muttered. Her voice sounded muffled through his shirt.

     "Oh, hey." Gar looked terrified when his eyes landed on a butt-naked Conner standing before them. "Uh, okay. Um..." He laughed nervously, looking away just as fast, patting Aurora's head as if to keep her there. "Okay. You're, uh... You're awake."

     "Gar, let me go," Aurora sighed, a little amused by how he was acting. "I'll get him clothes so you can stop being so nervous."

     That seemed to make him stop fidgeting. He lightly let her go then sheepishly smoothed out her messy hair. (The result of him running his fingers through them). Then he gave her a reassuring nod that looked more like it was aimed at himself. I think he needed it more than I did. Aurora thought.

     "All right. Okay. Just, please━walk━this way."

     As soon as Aurora went back with the clothes, Gar quickly ushered Conner away to get decent. He wasn't going to let the guy walk around butt cheeks naked (especially in front of Aurora). Conner didn't seem to have any idea what was going on with his life, let alone, that he actually had to wear clothes every day.

     Aurora sat on a stool, quietly watching Gar and Conner as the former tried to explain their current situation. It was a little funny because Gar didn't seem to have any idea what to do and Conner already looked like a lost puppy watching him prance around the room. 

     "So we pretty much have the entire place to our...selves," Gar trailed off because when he tried to pour milk on Conner's giant bowl of cereal━he held it closer to himself like he didn't want him to get some. "Uh... Until the others get back, that is. Which should be soon."

     He made eye contact with her, an unsure smile on his face. It was obvious none of them believed his words. There was no guarantee any of them would want to return in the first place.

     "How did I get here?" Conner asked.

     Gar chuckled. Then he realized he wasn't kidding. "Wait, you don't remember anything?"

    "Just little bits and pieces," Conner explained through a mouthful of cereal. "I remember feeling really sick. And hearing a lot of voices. And then it was like I was on fire, and then..." His eyes which had child-like wonder in them briefly flickered towards Aurora. Then he looked back at Gar. "Is Eve here?"

     "She was. She, uh, helped you get better," Gar said, then a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "Well, it was her, and Kory, and Rachel."

     "What is this place?"