𝟭𝟲. stolen moments

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
i don't wanna hide anymore

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐀urora quickly rushed towards Gar's side without hesitation, ignoring her own pain as she helped him stand up from the wooden floors of the rickety old house. She briefly sent a small thankful nod at the former detective, who smiled gently at her. She was glad he was back, feeling safer with the man around them.

     "You all right?" Dick asked him.

     Gar croaked out a small 'yeah' as she hauled him up by his arm. Dick snuck a worried glance her way, his eyes landing on her bruising neck. He didn't say anything, but he gave her arm a gentle pat, and Aurora sent him a tight-lipped smile that didn't reach her eyes. He didn't need words to understand her.

     "Nice catch," Gar breathed.

     Dick frowned. "What happened?"

     "She tried to kill my daughter," Angela spat.

     Aurora ran her fingers through her hair out of frustration and tried to crane her neck to the side but she immediately stopped when pain coursed through her neck. She let out a quiet curse, and Gar looked at her, his eyes landing on her bruises, which made his face turn with worry in just seconds.

      "You're hurt." Gar gently touched her neck, studying the damage that had been done.

     She shrugged him away. "I'm fine."

     "No, you're not," He muttered, swatting her own hands away from her neck. "Don't touch it."

     "You just touched it." Aurora sent him a look, but he simply raised his brows back at her.

    Aurora didn't think the bruise around her neck looked worse, but she must admit, it did hurt like hell. The bruises looked like someone just wrapped a searing metal around her neck and dipped them in ice. That one was on her. Maybe she shouldn't have fought fire with ice. Her first mistake.

     "The lasso," Gar murmured in amazement as he studied the woman. "You're her, aren't you?"

     "I'm an old friend of Dick's."

     "You're Wonder Girl."

     "I was." She corrected him.

     It didn't take long for Kory to wake up from her little cozy nap on the floor after Wonder Girl rendered her unconscious. She glanced around them in a confused manner, unaware of what she had just done, and for a moment, Aurora felt sorry for her.

     "What's going on?" Kory asked.

     "You tried to kill Rachel," Dick told her.

     "What?" Kory stood, a deep frown on her face. "No, I would never do that."

     "You just did, Kory," Aurora muttered, almost sadly as she avoided everyone's gazes. She didn't hate her. She was just as confused as the woman.

     Angela stepped forward. "I want this woman out of my house."

     "Okay, just hold on a sec━"