𝟬𝟰. moment's silence

CHAPTER FOUR
we're all seared with scars

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐈f there was one thing people should know about Gar Logan, was that he was one of the most persistent people in the world. He can also get a little too stubborn sometimes, but Aurora couldn't ask for more. He'd been around her for a year and a half now and she had already gotten used to his peculiar antics and his interesting video games. 

    None of his flaws will lessen her love for him. As a friend that is. Besides she knows him━a little too much━and she knows that's just how he was and always had been.

     Aurora never said no to his mischievous plans and the reckless adventures he dragged her to. Even it if means breaking into game shops and trespassing. Yeah, that's how much of a carefree person he was. But as time went by, she learned to live with it, and it was practically nothing to her anymore. Just a daily occurrence. She would rather be with him than anyone else in the world.

     He was a precious one. One that she would never take for granted. After all, he was the first person she trusted with all her heart. And maybe that's why when Gar told her that they should follow Rachel and her older friends, she complied. (It wasn't like she had better things to do anyway).

     The two teenagers ended up somewhere in the middle of the woods. The sole of their footwear crunched against the broken twigs on the forest ground, sprinkled with snowflakes. Then all of a sudden, the sound of a loud explosion echoed throughout the vicinity, and they shared a confused look. Both of them wondered if the girl from the roller rink was somewhere where that explosion came from.

   "What was that?" Aurora knitted her brows, looking at her best friend. Gar pursed his lips, darting his eyes everywhere as he ran his fingers through his hair. Like he does when he thinks very thoroughly and hurriedly.

     "Alright," Gar cleared his throat, coming to a plan. He guided her towards a bunch of dead trees that fell over the snowy ground. "You hide here, okay? I'll change, and try to find Rachel."

     "Into a kitty?" Aurora asked, earning a small glare from him.

     "It's not a kitty!" He groaned as he started to take off his favorite jacket.

     She only smiled in response and turned around to give him privacy as she crossed her arms, waiting for him to change into his tiger form, which honestly was the coolest thing ever. Aurora slightly tapped her shoes on the ground, waiting for a signal but she still didn't get one.

     "Are you done?"

     The answer she got was the feeling of something warm beside her. A huge tiger suddenly appeared next to her. It was green, and its eyes were just the same. The animal pushed its head to her leg, and Aurora brought a hand behind its ear and carefully touched it.

     "There you are," Aurora murmured, softly patting his head━or the tiger's head. After all this time, she still couldn't help but be mesmerized by his animal form. It was magnificent. How easily he could change into another creature than a person. "I thought you left me."

     The tiger seemed to purr at her, pushing his head further against her leg. Like he was telling her that he didn't leave her, and he would never.

     But then the sound of twigs breaking under pressure was heard, and their attention snapped toward the alarming noise. She shared a look with Gar, his tiger eyes showing some kind of understanding. It could only mean two things. Rachel could be around, or they could be wrong.