Chapter One ✓

WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?

SCARLETT DIDN'T REALIZE WHAT WAS HAPPENING UNTIL MINHO SHOOK HER AWAKE FROM HER SLEEP. Her green eyes shot open and met his, who's face was looking at her scared. She got up and wildly spun her head around, realizing that most of the Gladers were already off the chopper.

"We have to wake up Thomas," Minho said to her. Scarlett sat up and Minho reached for her hand.

"Thomas! Thomas!" Minho practically yelled at him to wake him up. "Thomas!" She yelled, shaking him awake. "Wake up, we gotta go! Come on!"

Minho and Scarlett got off the chopper, they began running with the others trying to catch up. The feeling of sand was underneath her feet, which made her furrow her eyebrows in confusion and look down.

Now was not the time to be thinking about having sand being underneath her feet. But it made her wonder where her surroundings were. Shaking those thoughts out of her head, she realized that Thomas went back to the chopper to grab something that he must've forgotten. "We don't have time!" The man who saved them yelled.

"Thomas!" 

"Thomas, hurry!" Scarlett shouted. Minho took her hand in his and pulled her aside. "Cranks!"

"What the hell are Cranks!?" Scarlett asked.

She turned to look behind her and noticed what looked like people running towards them, but she wasn't really sure. They were making eerie noises that made her cringe. The guards began shooting at them and she gasped. A tall building stood in front of them with all of its lights turned on.

Gun shots still filled the air as the Gladers were running to the building. "Keep moving! Keep moving!" Scarlett and the others made their way up the ramp to the building, Thomas got inside just in time before the doors closed.

Scarlett took in her surroundings and noticed lots of people with guns and other weapons. What is this place? She walked over to Thomas to stand with him in the front and whispered, "Where the hell are we?"

                                         -

The Gladers were thrown in a room full of food. The guards left them there and Scarlett walked over to the door. She took her hand and twisted the door nob, seeing if it was locked. And it was. "Look at all this food!" Frypan said. He was amazed. There was tons of food, actually.

Scarlett wasn't in the mood to eat anything after what she just witness. What were Cranks?

So Cranks took over planet earth and the outside world is a dangerous place? What about the place there at right now? Was it safe?