Chapter Twenty Two ✓

THE FINAL FIGHT, OR IS IT?

SCARLETT WAS TRYING TO FIGHT OFF A GLADER WHO HELD HER ARMS BACK BEHIND HER. "If you keep fighting, it'll only make things worse." He kept on saying. Scarlett wasn't having it. She hated being treated like this, not being able to do anything, not being able to fight him off. She hated being in this position. Even though it was her plan she hated going along with it.

If Gally could see the truth, this would be so much easier. Teresa was beside her with a boy holding her back as well. Thomas was 'unconscious' and Scarlett was only getting angrier and angrier with Gally.

Thomas was dropped onto the sand face first, Scarlett glanced at Teresa. "This is such a waist," Gally said. Minho looked at Scarlett and she shook her head. "Gally," Winston spoke up, making everyone turn their heads to him. "This doesn't feel right, man."

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home," Jeff said. "We are home, okay? I don't want to have to cross anymore names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa asked. Gally turned to her. "No. This isn't a banishing. It's a offering."

"What?" Scarlett asked. The guy who held her arms back tied her on the pole that was in front of the Maze. Teresa was tied behind her on the other side.

"Wait, Gally!" Teresa said.

Scarlett struggled with the boy who was trying to tie her up. She really hated being in this position. "What are you doing?" Scarlett asked.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the Maze after what he's done? Scarlett, look around you! Look at our Glade. This is the only way! When the Grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was."

"You're insane, actually," Scarlett said, shaking her head. "Yeah. Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa agreed. "Will you shut up?" Gally asked.

"Gally, if you stay here the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back and they're gonna keep coming back until you're all dead!" Scarlett said. "Shut up!" He yelled at her. "Tie him up!" He motioned to Thomas.

The boys who dropped Thomas on the ground picked him up only to have Thomas kick one of them in the groin with his elbow, and the other smacking him with his spear. Scarlett lifted up her leg and kicked the boy hard in the balls, who dropped to the ground in pain. Frypan went over to her and un-tied her rope.

"Thanks, Fry," She said. Frypan nodded.

Minho took his long weapon and placed it on Gally's shoulder. He was going to stop Thomas, Minho stopped him from doing so. Minho gave Gally a look and Thomas stuck out his spear towards him.

Chuck came running to the scene with supplies that they needed, and Scarlett reached for a weapon that Newt handed her and the Gladers stuck their weapons out at Gally who was now useless and couldn't do a thing to stop them.

Minho circled around him with his spear and Newt was on the other side. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?"

"Actually, this was all me," Scarlett said, holding out her weapon. "You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come now is you're last chance."