Prologue

A person sat on their bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. A clock ticked and tocked in the background, painfully loud in the empty place. The place was filled with all the basic needs for a person; a fully furnished bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen (despite having little to nothing to cook with), and two bookshelves full of books saying how great the country and leader is.

There was even a balcony, save for the bars that surround it. Sunlight streamed from the glass doors leading to it, which were quickly overpowered by the stark artificial lights of his... house? Apartment? Cell?

It doesn't matter what it is, it's home. It's all he knows. Sure he and his citizens daydream about the outside world and wish to escape, actually exploring uncharted would be terrifying. No, the country wouldn't dare defy his leader's orders.

His black eyes instinctivly fell on the world map. His politicians say that his younger twin brother suffers from extreme poverty, and that he should be grateful that he has what he has. More posters show soldiers in American military uniforms chopping off women's breasts, driving nails into children's heads, and choking others in traditional Korean clothes with their boots.

He felt a surge of pure hatred when he looked at the soldiers. How his president even considers trying to make a peace deal with bastards like them was beyond him. After all, isn't he the stronger one out of the two of them?

The boy waited for his anger to simmer down, knowing what impulse can do to a person, especially to a personification of his status.

He sighed in frustration, flopping down on his bed. The Korean wondered what Americans looked like. He imagined them to be tall with big noses, all carrying a gun and always scowling at every minor inconvienience. And--judging by their president--they were apparently orange.

The boy closed his eyes, willing himself to sleep.

* * * * * * *

The sound of shattering metal startled the country. The clock read that it's somewhere near midnight. A shadow fell through the glass balconey doors. They were surrounded by a strange lump that seemed to move and appeared to be crouching on the wooden rails. The boy ran to the kitchen, grabbing a knife. He dashed to the entrance, ready to attack the intruder.

The country stopped in his tracks. Before him stood a seemingly teenage girl. Moonlight illuminated her features, surrounding her like a glowing aura. The lump took shape in the form of silvery wings, fluttering in the breeze. A crown stood tall and proud on her golden hair, piercing the night sky. She was tan, wearing a brown bomber jacket and a bright green skirt that was ripped and frayed and the edges. What looked like the remnants of what used to be a white shirt was tied around her chest, burned and also ripped. She wore brown boots worn out from years of use. Her eyes contained all the stars, galaxies and wonders that outer space had to offer. Literally.

"Hey," She said, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "You wouldn't happen to be the personification of North Korea, would you?" He was shocked at how fluent her Korean is. He wondered at how she learned Korean so well.

North Korea nodded, still in a daze. The girl was crouching on the wooden rails, like how he guessed she would be. The girl smiled, a bright, cheery smile. A triumphant grin of someone who knew that they won.

"Great! Looks like my job here is done!" She jumped down, ignoring shards of metal like it was nothing. Before he knew what was going on, he was pulled over the edge, and then he was soaring through the clouds, balanced on the stranger's back, flying to who-knows-where.