Scene 5: Mission Moon

So, I first wanted Taehyung to go in through the front door as an intern for Yamamoto, but then I realized that he could just slip in together with Hobi through the backdoor. Still, I made a plan for getting Yamamoto's business card so that Taehyung would be convincing.

The scene starts with Yoongi and Tae at the restaurant where Taehyung told his partner about his plan to use Jungkook's stuntman abilities.

Taehyung focus

Taehyung knew what his lover was hinting at, but he would not allow critics about his way of planning. "Am I a stuntman? No," he said with a half-smile tugging at his lips, "Is Jungkook a stuntman? Yes. Why shouldn't I make use of the resources I have?" After all his student had voluntarily agreed to being hit by a car.

"I'm not criticizing," the hacker tried to appease him and revealed his gums in a big smile, "I'm only still amazed at that idea." He sipped at his Sake. "And slightly concerned for Jungkook. Has he ever been run over by a car?"

Taehyung shrugged. "He said it's no problem, so I assume it's no problem. Isn't that like a basic stunt every stuntman should be able to do?"

>><<

Jungkook focus

"Oh look! A swoodle!" Taehyung cheered next to Jungkook and gestured at a small dog with long hair that was crossing the street in the other direction.

"A swoodle?" Jungkook asked dutifully. By now he knew that Taehyung liked to be asked about his weird word inventions.

"A Swiffer poodle," the blue-haired explained with a big smile, looking at him expectantly.

Jungkook did not know whether he chuckled because he really found that funny or because it was so bad that it was funny again.

"Sure," he mumbled and shook his head.

They were on their way to get the business card of Mr. Yamamoto. It was the third try already and Jungkook began to doubt that their method would work. Yesterday they had gotten up insanely early to catch the man on his way to work, led by the information the KFC had provided them with, only to see him driving his black Ferrari into the underground garage of the tower right in front of their eyes, and then they had waited for hours on end in the evening to catch him leaving. And even though Jungkook had been the one in the much too thin jogger outfit, Taehyung had been the one to succumb to the unhealthy cold and the hunger and had invited him for a late dinner instead.

Today the same procedure had pushed them out of the bed in the morning, only one hour earlier, so they would definitely be in place before Yamamoto. The only people being up this early were people with dogs like the swoodle they had seen just now and joggers like the one he pretended to be.

"Well, I'll be watching you, so don't mess up. I need that card, or everything was for the bin," Taehyung mumbled over his steaming Matcha milk. The artist had sworn that this drink was twice as good as in Korea when produced in Japan, something about the origins of tea and tradition or something. Jungkook did not care. He needed coffee to function in the morning, not some sweetish green excuse for caffeine.

He just nodded and blew into his own hot drink while getting into position behind the tree that was next to the drive-in of the garage. He never would have guessed that his work as a stuntman would be of use during a mission, but apparently Taehyung and Yoongi made use of everything they could get their hands on. The alternative to him getting hit by a car was renting a car and hitting Yamamoto's Ferrari from behind. With a complete insurance of a tourist, the insurance company would pay for everything and they would get the business card as well. But Taehyung's argument was, "Why bother with the paperwork when you have a stuntman on hand."