Scene 4: Hongkong Heist

This scene takes place briefly before Tae and Yoongi come back from Hongkong to meet Hobi. I found it a little too insignificant to add to the book, but it shows a little more of Hobi's background.

Hoseok focus

"Good morning, Sir. How can I help you?" the old man at the post station asked Hoseok when he entered the shop.

"You have a delivery for Jung Hoseok," he answered and shower the man the QR-code on his phone.

With a nod, the guy scanned the picture and waited for the search result of the system. "Only a second," he excused himself to stroll back into the storage room for Hoseok's package.

Suga had already told him what it was, but that only made it more interesting. He was a little envious that he had not been able to follow the crew to Hongkong, but he had a studio to attend to, and it was truly delightful. Nothing could beat dancing, not even stealing a hair needle of a Korean empress, although he had to admit that he missed the little pickpocketing games. But Christmas was coming up, so maybe he could have his yearly Christmas mall challenge with Taehyung and Yoongi: Who could steal the most Christmas mall décor without getting caught by security. In the end, they would decorate Taehyung's Christmas tree with the junk they had been able to grab.

"Here you are, Mr. Jung," the old man said and handed him the little express-mail package together with the phablet on which he had to sign.

One sign and a goodbye later, he left the store and went on his little city trip to visit Taehyung's place.

Of course, the crew was not yet back from Hongkong. They should be sitting on the plane right now. But Mrs. Lee would no doubt let him in.

><

"Mr. Jung," the landlady welcomed him with a warm smile and a sharp look. The latter must be a reflex of her old days with a husband that was a little more on the gray side of society than enjoyable. Hoseok had never asked for any information, but sometimes Taehyung or Suga would drop a piece of information.

"Mrs. Lee. It's Hoseok for you," he greeted her with a deep bow and stepped inside.

"Well, old habits," she said with a warm smile, "Taehyung is not back from his vacation, yet, but you can join me in the salon."

"I'd love to," Hoseok replied with a smile that in no way was inferior to the playful one the lady gave him. She was an awesome woman, and a perfect match as a landlady for Taehyung. Both seemed to have kept a piece of their juvenile humor that gave them an aura of shrewdness.

"You have a dance studio, don't you?" the lady asked him while she led him through the many pompous rooms into the crème-colored salon with the soft golden accents. Had Hoseok not seen the interior before, he sure would have been completely overwhelmed because even now he was slightly breathless at the sight of wealth that was woven into the rooms so skillfully.

"Uh, yes, ma'am," he eventually answered and sat down at the table while she prepared two filigree porcelain cups of tea on a side table.

"Do you also do traditional dances?" she asked and Hoseok watched fascinated how her hands worked in perfect sync to prepare a tea his tongue was probably too untrained for to value properly.

"Only for shows, ma'am." He had established a small group that performed at traditional festivals and parades.

"Then I'd like to hire you for my donation gala," Mrs. Lee said and placed a cup in front of him. "We have a yearly gala to gather donations for the hospitals in Seoul, and the gala of course needs some entertainment to loosen the greedy hands on the well-filled purses." A lopsided smile crooked her lips.

Hoseok was speechless once again. Had he just gotten himself a job in the richest circles of Seoul? "I'd be honored," he breathed out. No matter how much this job would gain him, this was the steppingstone to solid entertainment business.

"It's settled then. I'll contact your studio for the details," the lady said satisfied and sipped on her tea. "Now, tell me what my favorite con-artist was up to in the last weeks."

>><<