Chapter 1

"It's okay, it's okay, it's okay," I tried to convince myself, as almost every student, I hated school and with a passion. This year's been better than the last couple of years, I've had fairly easier classes and didn't cry in the middle of class as much. Well now that I think of it, it's more like this semester, first semester was kinda horrible. I remember crying in the middle of English at least once every day because I hated it so much, that teacher's a fucking witch. My mom was driving me to school, I was sitting in the front passenger seat as my little sister was in the back. I was listening to music with my earbuds on my phone. I was using Spotify, too broke to spend on Spotify premium, I refreshed my phone every time an ad popped up. My music taste was questionable. It was always changing.

It was 6th period, the second period after lunch, I was a teachers aid for my art teacher with my two best friends. She's my favorite teacher. After having a fight with my two best friends about something stupid I sat a different table, reading a book. I was very intrigued by the book but in the middle of reading I felt like I was being stared at so I looked up.

"Hello, whatcha reading there." this guy asked in a chill voice, lightly smiling at me, then looking at the cover of the book to see the title.

I looked back at him, confused.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, i'll just leave now." He realized about to get up.

"No, no, it's fine." I slightly panicked, I grabbed his arm so he wouldn't leave me.

He looked down at his arm, seeing my hand clutched to it. After quickly realizing I let go of his arm. "Mind if I sit here? I think i've seen you in class before, y/n isn't it?" He sat back down.

"Yeah, and you're George, right?" I looked back at him.

"Right, we have Spanish 2 together." He smiled.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?" I looked around the gym.

"Uh I'm in PE to finish an elective course, right now, but the teacher is such a bitch." he laughed.

"Mrs. Charlie, she's such a bitch, I dropped out of her class after a day last year." I chuckled, looking at the teacher than back at him.

"I think i'm gonna drop out of this class." George moved his backpack onto the table from the bench.

"I honestly feel like i'm wasting a period with this class." Since it was the first week of the semester everyone was choosing and dropping out of different classes. "I have no idea what to switch into though." I shrugged to myself, looking over at his backpack.

"I saw that some spots opened up in the computer science course, I wanted to join it earlier but it was full." George took out his calculus textbook.

"Hm, maybe I should try that." I looked over at his textbook. "Wow, calculus."

"Yeah, haha, what math are you in?" He stopped flipping through the pages and looked at me, smiling.

"Uh i'm in calculus too, i'm in the AB one, i'm guessing your BC" I smiled grabbing my backpack onto the table.

"You like math?" George smiled at me then looked over to get his calculator.

"It's like the only subject i'm actually good at, so i guess I enjoy it. Do you like math?" I looked at him.

"I guess i'm fine with it, i've always understood the material quite easily so I don't really have a huge problem with it, fuck english though."

I laughed, agreeing with him. I took out my calculator and took my textbook out of my backpack, "Aren't you supposed to be on the court doing something?"

"I'm dropping out anyways, I really don't give a shit, so i'm just gonna catch up on some homework." He chuckled taking out a pen.

"A pen for calculus, how daring." I giggled, looking over at his pen.

George giggled at my comment, getting some graph paper, "Want one?" He offered me a piece.

"Thanks," I took a piece and got out my ipod and earbuds since the schools service was complete shit. I looked through the music files, skimming for the album I felt like listening. My finger swiped over the tabs, finally stopping at a Mac DeMarco album. I plugged in the earbuds and started playing the album, "Wanna listen?" Offering George one of the earbuds.

"Sure," He smiled taking one of the earbuds and putting it in his ear. "Mac DeMarco I see." He chuckled, smiling.

I smiled back, I started my homework assignment and worked on the set of problems as the music played in the background. "H-hey," I took off my earbud lightly tapped on george's arm.

"Yeah?" George looked over at me, taking off the earbud.

"Uh, can you help me with linear integrals?" I showed him the problem on my textbook.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled, he taught and explained to me the problems and answered some of my questions.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem." George did a little finger gun at me, put on the earbud, and went back to work.

I smiled then put back on my earbud and went back to my homework. It honestly felt like time was rushing by as I focused on my work.

The school bell cried out.

I quickly packed up my stuff and so did george, "What class you got next?"

"Health." He replied as he put on his backpack.

"Oh my god me too! I've haven't seen you in that class." I put my backpack on.

"Me neither, do you sit on the right or left side?" George looked at me while adjusting the straps of his backpack, and started leaving the gym.

The Health class was a pretty big class and since the class was so big they had to connect two classrooms together.

"Left side haha, that explains it, I bet you sit on the right side then." I followed him to the hall. "See you in health class I guess."

"You too." We both parted ways to go to our lockers since they were in different halls. While I was walking in the halls I thought about it a lot, what just happened. I really just talked to some guy that's in my class, like this bitch really didn't get all awkward. Wow i'm truly shocked, truly shocked. I suddenly stopped in the middle of my tracks. Fuck, I don't even need to get anything out of my locker. Mentally, I facepalmed myself and tried to act it off, doing a U-turn.