Ninja academy

chapter 2:

"Good morning everybody!" An enthusiastic voice greeted the students. Like every morning, you could hear the teacher before seeing him. "Welcome to the 21th day in the academy." For some reason he always told the students how many days they already were at the academy.

"Actually, it's the 22th day, Iruka-Sensei." A quiet voice was heard from the back of the classroom.

It belonged to Nara Shikamaru, a guy with short black hair. He was kind of a genious with an IQ of nearly 200. But he was very lazy. The only reason why his voice was heard, was, that he was talking to himself and didn't realized he said it aloud. Normally he wouldn't bother talking aloud. Of cause he was talking, but only as much as necessary.

"Eh-em, anyway a good morning to all of you."

"GOOD MORNING IRUKA-SENSEI." One of the students shouted.

It was Naruto Uzumaki. Sakura had recognized him immediately as the lonely boy on the swing. But unlike she thought, Naruto wasn't a quiet boy. Actually he was by far the loudest student in class and the one who did the most pranks. He never paid attention and in the first test he hadn't even had a single point.

The boy sitting next to him however, was the complete opposite. Sasuke Uchiha, a quiet boy with deep black hair and eyes, scored on top of the class in the first test and had yet to answer a question falsely. He was always serious and never laughed. Since the Uchiha Massacre a few years ago, he spent his entire freetime training, but Sakura didn't knew why.

"Today you are going to learn your first jutsu. It is called Clone technique and produces a clone of yourselves. It is like a copy of your body with the same abilities but with a different amount of chakra. I will explain it only once so listen and watch carefully. But first of all I should explain the basics of jutsus. Jutsus are techniques a ninja uses.  For this he focuses his chakra in a specific way, which is individual for each jutsu. Does everybody remembers what chakra is?" He asked and looked in Narutos direction. What he saw didn't seem to please him because he grimaced, and explained again.

"Chakra is an energy that each living creature has inside it. But not everybody can use chakra. This is why there are civilians and shinobis.

The chakra is similar to ones life-force, you could even die due to chakra exhaustion. You can focus your chakra in each part of the body if you can control it good enough. Chakra control is very important for both Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. By learning the Clone jutsu, one of the most simple Ninjutsu techniques I want to figure out how good your chakra control is and how talented you are for Ninjutsu. So watch carefully." He explained and stepped back from his desk.

"NARUTO I SAID WATCH CAREFULLY. AT ME. NOT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW!

Like I said before, I will only show it once." He explained and made a few slow hand signs.

"Clone jutsu." Iruka yelled and a perfect clone appeared next to him.

"See, I made a clone that looks exactly like me, but it is not really here." Iruka said and put his hand inside the 'head' of the replication.

"Now I want all of you to come to the front and perform this jutsu. You're first Naruto."

Hesitantly Naruto stood up and went in front of the class. He did a few handsigns and shouted: "Cloon Jutsu". Nothing happened at all.

"DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN? I TOLD YOU TO OBSERVE MY HANDSIGNS. AND THE JUTSU IS CALLED CLONE JUTSU, C-L-O-N-E JUTSU. DO IT AGAIN." Iruka shouted angrily. This time, he did the correct hand signs and yelled "Clone jutsu". Immediately a clone appeared next to the boy who looked very happy.