F i f t e e n

A l e x

I've been roped into going to the pub quiz tonight. Bray said it would be part of the plan and he will get to 'prove' some more to Kae that he is being genuine. That is the only reason I'm going, so I can see for myself that this plan is going the way it needs to. 

After my night with Corrin, I needed a drink tonight. I panicked when she told me she liked me. I did not really know how to respond.

"I like you Alex" she whispered.

Fuck.

I choke on the air and internally cringe at what I'm about to do.

"Look Corrin, you're a really nice girl but this wasn't anything serious. We were just having a bit of fun" like what I do with all the current girls "I'm honestly not the type to have a serious relationship, you'd just end up hurt. I'm sorry"

She was not happy and I can tell she won't be in contact with me again, nor will I bother her again.

***

Later, I arrive at the pub with Bray and Matt, another one of my mates and we make our way to our usual corner of the pub. Which consists of three long tables with one long bench seat and chairs on the other side. The girls are here in the far corner and bray makes a beeline for Kae. She stands with a smile and wraps her arms around his neck greeting him accordingly. He sits next to her on the long bench and I stupidly sit across from them, a decision I later regretted.

After a few drinks, the quiz started and the more drinks they had the flirtier and closer they got. Bray's hand ended up taking its place on Kae's thigh and her hand would fall onto his lap every now and again. I'm resentful with myself that it's affecting me watching the two of them. It really shouldn't affect me the way it is doing.

We were split into three groups for the quiz and I was quite the competitive member. I liked to win, and I definitely wanted to beat Bray and Kaelyn. God help me if they won and how they would 'celebrate'. I am surprised they have not already started playing tonsil tennis with how close and flirty they are.

I seem to keep forgetting that it is all for our plan and Bray is doing what he is meant to be doing. He is playing his part perfectly, too perfectly. Its making me believe it too. Kae is lapping it up, believing everything he is spouting to her.

A few shots and questions later and the quiz is coming to an end. I know for a fact we bossed the music round but feel the 'through the years' round may have let us down with the lack of knowledge. The commentator came round and collected our sheets to go and add up our scores.

"looser buys the next round!" shouts Kae to the group.

"be prepared to go to the bar then!" Cara shouts back laughing.

Were all just talking between each other and a pretty brunette that is at the bar is giving me the eye. I remember seeing her a few times in collage but never remember her looking so good. I smirk get up out of my seat excusing myself to get another drink and start a conversation with her.

I get to the bar and make sure I am stood near her and order my drink. She smirks at me again and surprises me by starting the conversation first.

"Alex isn't it?" she smiles.

"yeah" I smile but look curious. I don't know her name.

"I'm Melanie, we went to collage together, we didn't have any classes together, but you were talking to my best friend, Ella for a few weeks".

I remember the stint with Ella. I had to let her down gently as my feelings were elsewhere at the time. We never made it past the talking stage anyway. It was just before things with me and Kae started.

"Oh yes, Hi Melanie, its nice to properly meet you" I say laying on my charm.

"you too Alex" she smiled. She had a really nice smile.

"if you're free for a drink after this, I'm sat over there with a few others. Come join me or we could get a private table".

"I might take you up on that offer" she smiles and walks off with her drink.

I grab mine and take it back to the table, hoping she will come and join me later. She could take my mind off the two in front of me, who have now actually started playing tongue tennis.  

Later on when the last orders are being called and people start to leave Melanie approaches me and tells me shes leaving but hands me a napkin with her number written on it. I'll definitely be using that.